Neighbourhoods vs California Round 7

Scott.

Neighbourhoods vs California Round 7  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What's better?

• Wishing Well
    • HISALP

i enjoy Tom's lyrics in Wishing Well, and i love the bridge, especially the keyboard, but everything else fell a bit flat for me.

Home is dangerously cute and almost passes into cheesy territory, but something about it still feels classic blink to me. Skiba's vocals are great too. picked Home.

Damn, wish I could vote for both. I'll go with "Home" since it's so relatable and I love the lyrics.

"Wishing Well" is a rare case of a blink throwback being done right though, because it pushes forward at the same time it reminisces the past.

(Neighborhoods 5 - 2 California)

3 hours ago, 2point5 said:

Wishing Well is one of my favourites on Neighbourhoods. HISALP I enjoy but the overproduction kinda spoils it for me. Think it could have been so good had the acoustic guitar actually sounded acoustic. 

Wishing Well, but only just. 

This!

Wishing well is too good to lose this round but HISALP is a great, but unfortunately overproduced, song as well. 

• Like 1

Voted for Home in this one. Love both songs but Wishing Well to me has a poor bridge just like nearly every song on Neighborhoods. Home feels like a complete song whereas Wishing Well to me would be perfect if it wasn't for that lazy ass bridge.

Voted for Wishing Well but it was close, I dislike them both quite a bit. they both suffer from "great bones, bad execution" Wishing Well had a great riff that was totally wasted, has some dodgy lyrics and a super lame chorus. HISALP is a nice...idea... but the out come is just a bit of a mess. cringy chorus, terrible production. basically they both suffer from a loss of great potential.

I voted Wishing Well because I do quite like parts of the verses but thats basically it, basically a hair between them.