Neighbourhoods vs California Round 9

Scott.

Neighbourhoods vs California Round 9  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• This is home
    • Teenage Satellites

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Currently reminiscing about all the arguments and harassing I took because I vocally liked This Is Home when it came out.

I would've backed you up for sure! I think it's an awesome song, especially the kinda hated 80s new wave-y chorus. Dumb ass verse lyrics but that doesn't exactly contrast with Teenage Satellites haha. I like the synths too. Honestly I feel like it sounds like a super promising demo that could've become great with some more work (like a lot of Neighborhoods I guess)

both songs are actually really similar. neither is particularly great, but i don't hate either of them.

i like the cure-esque synths on this is home (as i said not long ago, i'm a sucker for any blink songs with synths), but the "i-i-i" chorus is a little annoying. and the lyrics of the song are so retrograde. "we fuckin fight like vagabonds, we dance like fuckin animals, that girl will try to make you hard." another example of tom thinking this is what blink is and all it will ever be, adolescent anthems. it's just kinda dumb. same with teenage satellites, which is indistinguishable from anything else on the album... just another ultra-catchy WE'RE TEENAGERS AND THE WORLD'S AGAINST US piece. both songs really are just that though, but this is home has better lyrics. and i'll admit, i've always sorta been fond of the little piano notes after "then you kissed me like a storm at sea."

since this is home has synth and sorta sounds like they're trying to do something different, i'll go with it