New Found Glory new album, Makes Me Sick

Ghost

On 4/25/2017 at 7:05 PM, Ghost said:

Hahaha, nah, totally forgettable. I don't think he brought that much to the table. I think Chad had and has all the guitar writing responsability.

From memory Steve did quite a lot of the lyric writing but I may have that wrong.

The new record is good fun. It's pretty standard for them to put out a solid record, even if it's not incredible. I can't wait to see them again in September, they're always great fun.

Seeing them in August, so I'll give it a listen in the morning.
I'm so stoked for their show though.  Self Titled, and Sticks And Stones, back to back.
Fuck I love those albums!  Make me feel 17 again!  Hahaha.

Just like everything they've released in recent years, solid without being memorable.

I don't think they've released anything with standout songs since Catalyst, maybe Coming Home at a pinch.

I didn't really love any album after Catalyst except for Not Without A Fight. I think that album definitely has stand out songs: Don't Let Her Pull You Down, Listen To Your Friends, and Truck Stop Blues.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broken English said:

Just like everything they've released in recent years, solid without being memorable.

This is exactly how I feel about this album.

Haven't listened since 2001. Don't plan to go back. They were a band I got into just because they toured with Blink, but Jordan's voice annoys me after a few songs. Its 16 years later, can't even imagine how they've evolved since that time, because they seemed like something that would be belly up in a year or two after 2001.

12 hours ago, platypus409 said:

I didn't really love any album after Catalyst except for Not Without A Fight. I think that album definitely has stand out songs: Don't Let Her Pull You Down, Listen To Your Friends, and Truck Stop Blues.

Yeah I forgot about that one, the album as a whole was pretty average though. 

On 26 April 2017 at 4:07 AM, Speedo said:

I liked 'em both ... not much of a NFG fan but I liked 'em. Weird that Kay didn't catch the Stand By Me thing ... super weird.

only just seen this - yeah, I've never seen Stand By Me. I want to though, I know of it, just haven't had the opportunity. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They're playing Sticks & Stones and Catalyst in Salt Lake which is where I'll be seeing them in a couple of months. I can't wait! NFG is my favorite live band and those are my two favorite NFG albums. Plus I went to their self-titled 10th anniversary tour back in 2011 so after this I will have seen three of their full albums live. v excite.

• Like 1