6/8 thread (*now's a good time to check it)

Jan Backing Track

This song isn't strange at all, it's not experimental, it's generic alt-rock with some post-hardcore/nu-metal elements (and I'm not saying it's a good influence). Chorus is again predictable, it took them about 5 minutes to come up with the chorus as usually, verses are not as predictable but they are boring and aggressive in a bad early 00s way. I don't understand why heaviness alone makes a song good for many people. This song has nothing to do with blink, it doesn't sound like +44, it just sounds bad, I think it's even worse than Misery. Deluxe is definitely worse than the original album. I don't understand who can this appeal to? Fans of Three Days Grace?  

• Like 2

I don't like it at all. Misery was a really good track and I thought they are finally going in the right direction but this song is just not Blink at all. They seem to have lost that special something even more - to create an unique sound only Blink can do. Linkin Park could release the same song without a doubt so no, I don't like it at all...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Osgod said:

I don't like it at all. Misery was a really good track and I thought they are finally going in the right direction but this song is just not Blink at all. They seem to have lost that special something even more - to create an unique sound only Blink can do. Linkin Park could release the same song without a doubt so no, I don't like it at all...

I don't think you have to worry because nothing else on the deluxe album will sound like this. They've noted that this track is way different than the rest of the music.

• Like 1

Very much looking forward to the full Deluxe second disc.  I'd say 3 of the (real) 4 songs we have so far have been fantastic: Hey I'm Sorry, Misery, and now this.  Heck, I like those 3 songs more than the majority of the full California album (which I did enjoy mind you).

It's alright. Probably my least favourite of the three Deluxe tracks so far but I've only listened a couple of times.

I know plenty will disagree with me but so far the Deluxe tracks haven't done a massive amount for me, I'm definitely preferring the original California tracks at the moment.

Just now, NotNow said:

I don't think you have to worry because nothing else on the deluxe album will sound like this. They've noted that this track is way different than the rest of the music.

Parking Lot is shit as well so there are Hey I'm sorry and Misery which are good - so let's hope for more songs in that direction.

I have no desire to listen to that new song again...what did Blink become!?

8 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Parking Lot is shit as well so there are Hey I'm sorry and Misery which are good - so let's hope for more songs in that direction.

I have no desire to listen to that new song again...what did Blink become!?

Man I dig it.  i could listen to a full blink album of songs like this.  Though I doubt they'll ever do that.  I like these different songs like this and Los Angeles, and Fighting the Gravity.  This kind of stuff really resonates with me.

I think it's decent, could be a grower for me but need to give it a few more listens. The intro sounds like an Underoath song haha. I do think the chorus could maybe have more of a kick but the post chorus screamy bit from Skiba is really cool.

Appreciate them trying something a bit different, would much rather listen to this than generic ATL sounding shite. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Man I dig it.  i could listen to a full blink album of songs like this.  Though I doubt they'll ever do that.  I like these different songs like this and Los Angeles, and Fighting the Gravity.  This kind of stuff really resonates with me.

To each their own. Fighting the gravity was kinda cool but this direction is nothing for me. At least they tried something different but I even prefer the regular Cali album over that song.

The intro reminds me of A Day To Remember's "A Plot to Bomb the Panhandle". One thing I noticed is that Mark must have an obsession with cars. "Wrapped my car around a tree" from Misery and now "I just wanna find a car to overturn". Just an observation from the lyrics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

WHAT A SURPRISE. mark just said via twitter 6/8 was one of the original pre feldman songs. oh what could have been

I think he means it was recorded during the initial Feldmann sessions for California, which is also backed up by the photo of them recording it from last year. Though I could be wrong.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

This song isn't strange at all, it's not experimental, it's generic alt-rock with some post-hardcore/nu-metal elements (and I'm not saying it's a good influence). Chorus is again predictable, it took them about 5 minutes to come up with the chorus as usually, verses are not as predictable but they are boring and aggressive in a bad early 00s way. I don't understand why heaviness alone makes a song good for many people. This song has nothing to do with blink, it doesn't sound like +44, it just sounds bad, I think it's even worse than Misery. Deluxe is definitely worse than the original album. I don't understand who can this appeal to? Fans of Three Days Grace?  

I honestly wonder if anybody listens to music or anything beyond middle school cause this is about as experimental as later Sum 41. Like the descriptions of the tracks sound like people who haven't listened to alternative rock since 1983

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Xeotastrophe said:

The intro reminds me of A Day To Remember's "A Plot to Bomb the Panhandle". One thing I noticed is that Mark must have an obsession with cars. "Wrapped my car around a tree" from Misery and now "I just wanna find a car to overturn". Just an observation from the lyrics.

It's from the big book of rock cliches.

• Like 2