6/8 thread (*now's a good time to check it)

Jan Backing Track

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that's my favorite song on the +44 album. interesting.

Im like, the only blink fan ive ever encountered who doesn't like Cliff Diving, pretty sure. I just always found it annoying. 

22 hours ago, 4.40 said:

I don't know why, but I don't like how Mark sounds now. He used to have this special tone to his voice in +44. It voice seems corny to me for some reason, like it lost all it's grit. I know he's getting old, but it's lost in his main singing range and even the high notes. I don't know how to explain it, but he's been sounding different since neighborhoods and California's production makes Mark sound weird. His voice's gets some of it's tone back in parts like Left Alone's bridge, Rabbit Hole's Chorus (All the hints you believe are too HARD to believe) with the With you again's, and even in "Can't You Pregnant" Mark's voice sounds really good.

I don't know, aging sucks.

I know what you mean. Mark sounds his best on WSHSB. His voice was in its prime and you hear a lot of differences in the tone when you compare it to Neighborhoods (sounds weak on it) and Cali (Less weak sounding but his overall tone is way different than +44 era). Mark sounded best during those mid 00s years for sure.

Although the ''Hey, I'm Sorry'' verses sound pretty +44...even the vocal take.

21 hours ago, boxelder said:

i don't love cliff diving but i've been enjoying it more recently. i like the descedents reference and the wistful nature of it all

There is also a Jawbreaker reference when he says Dear You in the second verse. I like when it's not just a name drop for the sake of it, in California it's kinda annoying. 

• Like 1

Super late on this, but 6/8 is by far my favorite of the Deluxe songs released. I genuinely appreciate them taking risks on this one.

Lyrics are great, drumming is great, spoken word bridge is bizarrely great too. My only gripe about this one is the production on the guitar. It's that same bland, overproduced modern pop-punk sound that Feldmann loves. And IMO it detracts from the song.

For context, Stockholm Syndrome came up on shuffle right after 6/8. THAT'S how the guitars should sound.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chase said:

Super late on this, but 6/8 is by far my favorite of the Deluxe songs released. I genuinely appreciate them taking risks on this one.

Lyrics are great, drumming is great, spoken word bridge is bizarrely great too. My only gripe about this one is the production on the guitar. It's that same bland, overproduced modern pop-punk sound that Feldmann loves. And IMO it detracts from the song.

For context, Stockholm Syndrome came up on shuffle right after 6/8. THAT'S how the guitars should sound.

God 6/8 and Stockholm following afterwards live (with Matt doing the bridge) would be killer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 4.40 said:

God 6/8 and Stockholm following afterwards live (with Matt doing the bridge) would be killer.

That would be actually epic - Matt probably has the range to pull it off too. There's only one video where I've ever heard Mark scream the bridge in the proper key (ironically enough, it was the last show before the hiatus)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase said:

That would be actually epic - Matt probably has the range to pull it off too. There's only one video where I've ever heard Mark scream the bridge in the proper key (ironically enough, it was the last show before the hiatus)

I don't think Mark can pull it off anymore , he's been struggling lately just trying to hit other stuff :(

11 hours ago, Chase said:

Damn that's fucking awesome to see, it's also probably a song they shouldn't have played QUITE that fast hahah

• Like 1