TBA: Tom Announces Announcements (Coming Soon)

boxelder

What's actually been announced: just two books, Sekret Machine and Chasing Shadows + the Strange Times movie. And that's it.

At some point he was teasing everyone with a documentary but it looks like the thing has died out.

#ComingSoon #IfYouOnlyKnew

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

What's actually been announced: just two books, Sekret Machine and Chasing Shadows + the Strange Times movie. And that's it.

At some point he was teasing everyone with a documentary but it looks like the thing has died out.

#ComingSoon #IfYouOnlyKnew

is that actually happening now?

also I thought Chasing Shadows was the first Sekret Machines book, isn't that just one novel?

He's released Poet Anderson (3 comics, an animated short, and one novel) Sekret Machines (Chasing Shadows and another one is coming I think soon? is that Cathedrals of Glass?), and EP for both of those, and a childrens colouring book for Strange Times, not to mention the awful Odds and Ends EP record thing.

It's still impressive for a few years of work but he massively undercut their efforts by constantly hyping up a billion things that never happened. and its less impressive when you realise he didnt actually write either of the books himself and used 'co-authors' who probably did the vast majority of the work itself, he definitely didnt have much input into the animation or illustration works either. You rarely see him post about the impressive work the people he's hired have done, it's all "him" the "imagination of Tom Delonge" is apparently responsible for everything.

I thought I was done hating on Tom but reading that list just reminded me of how irritating he's been these last few years lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

"nothing was announced in January."

i admire him commenting on how many pages the book has. 600 PAGES! 704 PAGES! Thats so many! it must be really important if it has SO many pages.

He reminds me of Donald trump when he does that shit.

Remember how Tom claimed that he was working out big plans in relation to blink with Marvel, and was hinting at such things would never happen without him as he was essentially just kicked out of the band?  And then like a year later, if that, there's a pic of Mark, Matt and Travis at Marvel Studios?  That cracked me up, like Tom really seemed to believe the band wouldn't be capable of doing such things without him.  Yet it really seems like he was the one holding the band back from doing anything, because as you can see here, he can never stay focused on one thing and see that one thing through.  He's probably got insane ADD or ADHD.

13 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Lmao @boxelder! You wrote some code to scrape all those?

ha, nooo. just went on his instagram, scrolled far down, and started going through it lol. surprisingly, only took about an hour!

26 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The crazy thing about that list is that it only goes back to 2015.  

indeed. the sad thing is, this is going on for years. i only compiled this beginning around the second blink breakup but if you recall, he was announcing movies and multi-media projects dating back to WDNTW/i-empire, much of which never panned out or got somewhat absorbed into LOVE. here's a relic from those days where he backtracks on his plans/promises:

Before We Don't Need to Whisper, I came out and said that it was going to change the face of rock and roll," DeLonge said. "What I meant was over a 30-year period. It's been one year — wait 29 more and you'll see how different your life is.

• Like 4

thanks for the response :) ive been wanting to do this for some time.

as i scrolled through his instagram, looking at it all in sequence was kinda sad. you get this image of a pathetic multi-millionaire stringing his remaining fans along, attempting to suck them dry with t-shirt exclusives and promises for big project (most of which fall by the wayside). when times get rough, he sells all his gear, or moves his studio space, or whores out his back catalog on vinyl, then cassette! he posts so frequently at times, it's obvious he's just dying for attention. it's also disturbing how often he takes credit for other people's work, be it the hard-toiling animators or crackpot sci-fi authors. i think he might genuinely have lost his mind along the way somewhat... he struggles with hardcore delusions of grandeur. it's clear from examining podesta's leaked emails that he's basically a rich little rockstar begging for an interview with a politician who couldn't care less.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boxelder said:

thanks for the response :) ive been wanting to do this for some time.

as i scrolled through his instagram, looking at it all in sequence was kinda sad. you get this image of a pathetic multi-millionaire stringing his remaining fans along, attempting to suck them dry with t-shirt exclusives and promises for big project (most of which fall by the wayside). when times get rough, he sells all his gear, or moves his studio space, or whores out his back catalog on vinyl, then cassette! he posts so frequently at times, it's obvious he's just dying for attention. it's also disturbing how often he takes credit for other people's work, be it the hard-toiling animators or crackpot sci-fi authors. i think he might genuinely have lost his mind along the way somewhat... he struggles with hardcore delusions of grandeur. it's clear from examining podesta's leaked emails that he's basically a rich little rockstar begging for an interview with a politician who couldn't care less.

This sums up my feelings towards the guy, and why I am so happy for current Blink.  

I feel personally used for my money by Tom, as stupid and petty as that sounds, and have little to no sympathy for him, and I honestly never want him close to the band again. 

• Like 2