TBA: Tom Announces Announcements (Coming Soon)

boxelder

39 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

This sums up my feelings towards the guy, and why I am so happy for current Blink.  

I feel personally used for my money by Tom, as stupid and petty as that sounds, and have little to no sympathy for him, and I honestly never want him close to the band again. 

If you feel violated by Tom for willingly giving him money over and over again to the point where you don't want him in your favorite band that he helped create, then don't get a credit card or go to college because they're an even bigger waste.

And to think there's so much more that isn't even included on this list. I still remember stuff from YEARS ago, before blink even got back together. Tom said AVA was going to release a "punk" album for fun. He was also going to release a whole bunch of I-Empire remixes.

More recently, the We Don't Need To Whisper acoustic album. I'm sad about that one, I was really looking forward to it. I love it when bands release acoustic versions of their music, and I was literally just talking about how I want blink to release some acoustic stuff in the California Deluxe thread.

I mean, these examples I'm giving aren't really announcements of announcements. But they are things that Tom promoted that never saw the light of day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

And to think there's so much more that isn't even included on this list. I still remember stuff from YEARS ago, before blink even got back together. Tom said AVA was going to release a "punk" album for fun. He was also going to release a whole bunch of I-Empire remixes.

More recently, the We Don't Need To Whisper acoustic album. I'm sad about that one, I was really looking forward to it. I love it when bands release acoustic versions of their music, and I was literally just talking about how I want blink to release some acoustic stuff in the California Deluxe thread.

I mean, these examples I'm giving aren't really announcements of announcements. But they are things that Tom promoted that never saw the light of day.

You want a Tom Instagram broken promises analysis? ^-^

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

"Mark is as happy as I can ever remember him being.  Matt is great. Always seems to have a smile.  Travis is Travis basically.  Tom, I haven't spoken to in so long, but from what I've heard, he's super happy with not touring and working on his alien stuff/movie."

Email I received this morning.  So basically, from what I know, that IG post has nothing to do with Blink at all.

I knew he was full of shit with all of his " announcements" but when you see it all bundled up in one neat time line.....this just makes me  hate him. He's acting like a teenage girl, dying for attention. "Oh fuck blink is doing great without me......hey everyone....look at me!" I'd seriously have more respect for him if he just was quiet about his projects and released the stuff he actually finishes. Instead of hyping every idea that pops in his brain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mitch. said:

"Mark is as happy as I can ever remember him being.  Matt is great. Always seems to have a smile.  Travis is Travis basically.  Tom, I haven't spoken to in so long, but from what I've heard, he's super happy with not touring and working on his alien stuff/movie."

Email I received this morning.  So basically, from what I know, that IG post has nothing to do with Blink at all.

He's said that it's "bigger than music", so it definitely isn't anything music related IMO. He also said he is going to need everyone's help, whatever that means. But I'm fully expecting it to be something related to Sekret Machines, or some dumb ass investigation report his advisors leaked him.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I'm calling it. A kick-starter for his punks vs aliens movie. Couldn't get enough backers. 

It won't be on kickstarter though, he'll launch it on tothestars under something like 'Landscape Pioneers' or something and pretend he came up with the idea of crowd funding. 

• Like 5