Jawbreaker The Thread

_Kyle_

Always loved Jawbreaker, I got into them when I was younger with Dear You because all the bands I liked were into them or talked about them but I have been able to appreciate them better in my 20s. Blake is one of my favourite singwriters. And I can't wait to see the documentary because I love their music but I don't know much about their history and stuffs like that, it'll be awesome.  

• Like 1

I love Jawbreaker. They're one of these bands whose music is great (or, at least, better than average) in almost every respect. Got to love the thoughtful and well-written lyrics, unusual song structures and emotional rawness (even though all of it has been said a thousand time before). Also, Blake is a huge Unwound fan, which is all the more reason to like them for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just casully read a review of a show in Brooklyn last night and at some point it says:

Matching Jawbreaker’s gripping songs was some very memorable stage banter from Blake, which is often poetic and often took on the current sad state of political and social affairs. At one point, he apologized for any impact his band may have had on third wave emo (“a terrible, terrible thing”), and wished for a world with “no more Jesse Laceys” (who he referred to as a “Long Island millionaire rapist”) 

I don't know why it just hit me! 

On 5/6/2017 at 12:19 PM, Elisa said:

Guys, you should check them out! Dear You is the most accessible album, but I love them all.

Foo Fighters covered this song. Had no idea Jawbreaker had that type of influence. 

I don't know much about Jawbreaker, but Dear You is a great album. 

On 28/2/2018 at 2:24 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Jesse Lacey died that night I imagine. Saw him do Accident Prone live acoustically once.

People hate Lucero but their cover of Kiss The Bottle is probably the best rendition of a Jawbreaker song done by anybody other than Jawbreaker.