WILDFIRE - new song thread

Helen Hoppus

17 minutes ago, thongrider said:

The aim of this post is to review this new song and show its flaws and strengths and what could have been done differently through thorough analysis and research. The production sounds like it's made for a TV game show, but the song isn't catchy enough for that. The lyrics sound really forced and there is not much in the lyrics I found interesting. The vocal melody in the verses is allright, and the two bridges(or whatever they are) when they are on top of each other it could be cool, but it's sadly a disappointment. Like usual Travis drumming is more annoying than it is cool. Seriously, fuck this drumming!

I like Mark's singing more in this song than the other deluxe songs. It's also a way better song than Parking Lot and the Pregnant song. So to sum it up, it's just a really mediocre song with annoying production. I think we should give Blink song slack, it's not like they are murdering people with these songs, but if a new band came up with this song, I bet no one would like it. The only reason people listen to this song is because it's a Blink song. So, fuck this song. 

YES.  Thank you! I've been trying to put my finger on it. I kept thinking like a Disney TV show intro production, but I think game show is spot on. So cheesy.

Just now, ryan1125 said:

I keep singing "Don't tell me that it's over I'm not used to this temptation" in my head when Mark starts the chorus "Don't tell me it's too late..." 42 seconds in. damnit this will bother me forever. lol

haha that happened to me a couple times too, which is a good thing imo because i love that song

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

This song is just another Parking Lot/Rabbit Hole for me. Chuckled at the woah that was very slyly added in towards the end, it's only just noticeable.

I felt the same way. Very 'filler' track. Not surprised it didn't make it to the standard version of California.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, b00bies said:

how many times are they gonna use THE SAME FUCKING GUITAR INTRO TA-DA-DA. fuck this.

Five songs now share that same rhythm pattern on the guitar intro. I bet they still can have one more in the group of songs we have't heard yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

What a surprise, people that don't like California, don't like more of California.  I don't know what these people are expecting at this point.

I expect them to write an interesting song. Something that has the level of creativity that Mark, Matt and Travis have shown during their life as musicians,,,nothing more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

What a surprise, people that don't like California, don't like more of California.  I don't know what these people are expecting at this point.

I'm expecting them to say the truth. They said this disc was going to be better than Cali. And no, it isn't.

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Stop thinking rationally man, that shit isn't allowed when Failed-mann is involved!

Just now, plusavablinker said:

I expect them to write an interesting song. Something that has the level of creativity that Mark, Matt and Travis have shown during their life as musicians,,,nothing more. 

I'm saying is that its a part of the deluxe California album, why are people expecting these songs to sound like they should be a completely different album?  If that were the case, they'd have undoubtedly released it as a separate album (that undoubtedly would have been more financially beneficial for them too, so theres clearly a reason that this "new album" is all just a greater part of California).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Neither do I, but I do know that they will be here ready to complain at moments notice! It's like a counter-fanhood at this point.

It seems like normal average fans like the song quite a bit

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

And what the fuck is Travis smoking to say that this is better than the album...I didn´t like california but I enjoy a few songs of it but the deluxe version is pure garbage...

Of course he's going to say stuff like that, I mean do you really expect him to come out and say, "This is nothing new, don't get too excited."  If you recall Travis said that Neighborhoods could totally be the second disc to their Untitled album, as it was just as good and in the same vein as that album.  Except we quickly learned that wasn't the case at all.  

• Like 2