Lost & Found

horchata

Been working on a new album for about 8 months now, and I feel like this song is a good representation of the direction it's heading. Changed my old band name (edited) as I am the only member. Calling the band "Nick In The Wild". This song is called "Lost & Found" and is about comparing a relationship to my love for music.

Any feedback is welcome

• Like 5

On 5/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, 2point5 said:

Mate, I love this. Absolute banger of a song! Got a link to the rest of the album? Really interested in hearing more. 

Thank you kindly! I have a few other complete songs, though nothing online yet. If you'd like, I'll send them to you though. A realistic goal is to have the full length pressed to vinyl by summer 2018. But with that said, I'd be happy to send over the other tracks.

Thanks for the kind words!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horchata said:

Thank you kindly! I have a few other complete songs, though nothing online yet. If you'd like, I'll send them to you though. A realistic goal is to have the full length pressed to vinyl by summer 2018. But with that said, I'd be happy to send over the other tracks.

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah if you have the time and don't mind doing it I'd definitely like to check out some more of your stuff 

• 4 weeks later...

Dude really love the man part/riff.  Really hits like a vintage 2000s pop punk song in the best way possible.  Nothing against the vocals, they're good, but that's the one thing that feels ordinary of the song to me.

Would like to hear more.  

Also is this professionally recorded? It seems like it is but wouldn't be surprised if basic software was used, it sounds great

On 7/2/2017 at 1:47 PM, FightingTheGravity said:

Dude really love the man part/riff.  Really hits like a vintage 2000s pop punk song in the best way possible.  Nothing against the vocals, they're good, but that's the one thing that feels ordinary of the song to me.

Would like to hear more.  

Also is this professionally recorded? It seems like it is but wouldn't be surprised if basic software was used, it sounds great

Thanks dude! Appreciate the feedback. It is professionally recorded, at my friends studio in Oakland, California. The clean guitar parts are a telecaster, and the distorted parts are an SG and my friends custom built guitar. All mixed with Cubase.

And the vox being ordinary is good feedback. Working on a full length right now, and trying to break that barrier. It's surprisingly difficult to break, especially since I'm not a classically trained singer - I try not to sound like blink / pop punk when I sing, but it's real tough, seeing as it's the music I love.

And if you like the main riff, you'll like the rest of the stuff I'm working on :)

• 3 months later...