Long Lost Feeling Discussion Thread

Scott.

Just now, blinkAVARacer said:

I think this might be for No Future. The drums in this song and No Future are really similar though so I don't know for sure.

ah you're right lol damn, i guess they are pretty similar

59 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You watch his Q&A on Twitter? 

...i did like the fact that Feldmann was watching and sending messages loads, he really has attached himself to them so hard. He's like a fucking parasite.

Yeah I catch them sometimes. They're always really boring questions though. I thought it was funny this time that other musicians and Feldman were on. Mark seems like he's stuck being all serious right now though. Every answer is so rehearsed.

But I always love some of the attempted questions. "What's your favorite boxcar racer song" "do you know what a haircut is?" "Whoa Nana na?"

And my favorite one "SAY. MY. NAME. dammit." -helenhoppus

It's weird, this is the last song I thought I would like on this album, but somehow I keep coming back to it because it's stuck in my head.  Personally I think this should have replaced "home is such a lonely place."  Listening to it as I type this and still trying to figure out what keeps pulling me back to this song...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, surfbro16 said:

It's weird, this is the last song I thought I would like on this album, but somehow I keep coming back to it because it's stuck in my head.  Personally I think this should have replaced "home is such a lonely place."  Listening to it as I type this and still trying to figure out what keeps pulling me back to this song...

I know what you mean. I can't speak for anyone else but for me I think it just feels like a normal song. They aren't trying to recapture old magic, or trying to sound like other bands on the radio, or trying out "dark" genres, or strategically piecing it together for maximum singalongability, it's just a song that's comfortable in its own skin. In my opinion that's super rare for the Cali Era so it stands out.

• Like 2