Bottom Of The Ocean Discussion Thread

Scott.

4 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

People saying it doesn't sound like blink...

Untitled - this doesn't sound like blink

Neighbourhoods - this doesn't sound like blink 

Both albums massive changes from enema and take your pants ...

It's blink 182 bitches 

Not really. All those albums sounded recognizable as Blink just with a new vibe.  Majority of California sounds like a parody of Blink, or mimicking it.  Without Mark's basslines and occasional throwback soft melodies/bridges, you would never ever recognize this stuff as Blink.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I think it's time people realise blink are not gonna sound exactly like they used to. They've replaced one song writer with another one, and their styles are completely different. Toms gone. Matts in. Embrace change, don't be scared of it. 

Or, conversely, come here several times a day and post a variation of the same complaint in every thread from now until the end of time.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I think it's time people realise blink are not gonna sound exactly like they used to. They've replaced the main song writer with another one, and their styles are completely different. Toms gone. Matts in. Embrace change, don't be scared of it. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I think it's time people realise blink are not gonna sound exactly like they used to. They've replaced one song writer with another one, and their styles are completely different. Toms gone. Matts in. Embrace change, don't be scared of it. 

Exactly, I have no problem with that as long as its good music. Obviously people should have known going in that Blink wasn't going to sound the same. WTF did they expect? One of the main songwriters/singers/guitarist is gone.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 2point5 said:

They have different styles? When will we see it? We've got the same stuff aside from a few songs amongst 25 tracks that don't even reflect their style.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Exactly, I have no problem with that as long as its good music. Obviously people should have known going in that Blink wasn't going to sound the same. WTF did they expect? One of the main songwriters/singers/guitarist is gone.

This, no one cares as long as the music is good. No one's that butthurt over Tom when he dragged the band's feet for 10 years, as long as the music is good, ppl won't bitch

1 minute ago, LastTrainHomefangirl said:

They have different styles? When will we see it? We've got the same stuff aside from a few songs amongst 25 tracks that don't even reflect their style.

A few posts back you said you didn't recognise it as blink so I'm gonna say yes? 

Also I cant take you seriously with that ridiculous username. The fact the F in 'fangirl' is lower case annoys me as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

A few posts back you said you didn't recognise it as blink so I'm gonna say yes? 

Also I cant take you seriously with that ridiculous username. The fact the F in 'fangirl' is lower case annoys me as well. 

And I try to avoid every post you make like the fucking plague because I don't want to make eye contact with your fucking avatar.

Take your username jealousy elsewhere.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:32 PM, Boring.........Alright said:

I wish the verses didn't have the same melody of the chorus in BOTO along with the bridge being longer (a lot better than LA's bridge) and not even going into the chorus. Both suffer from the "mouth noises" (yes I'm using the phrase again) in the final chorus but I guess it works better in LA. When you hear it live Matt says "L.A. L.A. L.A." rather than the mating calls in the studio version.

Other than that BOTO should've originally been combined with a bit of LA's features rather than having two of the same songs that are missing one of the other.

44 minutes ago, Aria said:

I just reallllllllly wish the line was "I don't want to think about it". lol.

I wonder if that's some kind of turn of phrase that Feldmann had stuck in his head or something because 311's newest single (which was also produced by Feldmann) is called "Too Much To Think" haha. It's almost like they traded words but neither line is as clever as they hoped.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:52 PM, 2point5 said:

And of course, player Feldmann entered the room