Misery, Last Train Home, Long Lost Feeling, Bottom of the Ocean

Good:

6/8, Don't Mean Anything, Hey I'm Sorry

Ok:

Wildfire, Good Old Days

Bad:

Parking Lot

All in all very pleased with this album. A lot better than Cali

This gives me a lot of hope for the future of Blink believe me I was skeptical on second listen it's even better. Why didn't they but any of these darker songs on the original release? Last Train Home is easily the best Cali era song. And aside from Misery the released they worst tracks first

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

The better moments are way better though imo

Hmm need more listens. I think the bridges are clearly better aside BTD is a keeper, but it's so frustrating to have the same intro over and over and the first 3 songs just blow so hard imo kinda shitty to have 3 in a row like that.  The vocal tradeoffs is just getting out of hand.  Blink had 5 songs TOTAL of vocal trade offs since Enema I wanna say.  I'd like a Mark only or Matt only song by now.

There were solid moments in Cali, like Cynical Mark verse, Bored to Death, No Future bridge, TOTTM vibe.  There's some of those here forsure, possibly more, but they all sound too similar at this point it's hard to hear a bridge and say THAT was from Wildfire or THAT was from Good Old Days.

I agree on the vocal trade offs. I would Matt to get his own song. And yes there were solid moments in Cali too. I would rate Cali a 7.5/10 and the Deluxe an 8/10 but I feel Last Train Home and Long Lost Feeling are better than almost all Cali tracks. And I love Misery personally but to each their own

highlights of the second disc.  bridge in misery is the highlight of the whole thing imo. good old days and dont mean anything are my favorites.  i love the drums and the feel of long lost feeling.  i definetly like the first disc of the album better but im partial to the poppier stuff anyways.  its fun to get a full spectrum of everything they did in this album era.  would love a new producer on the next record even though the odds of that happening are SUPER slim.

Misery and 6/8 are killer songs.

Long Lost Feeling though, this is what I wanted from blink. Great song. Bottom of the Ocean, I really do like it but I found it kind of underwhelming. Thought it was gonna be some beast song based on the clip I heard. Still, a good song though. I like Last Train Home too. Can't get into Good Old Days.

Parking Lot I still find trash. Wildfire makes Parking Lot sound like the greatest song ever. I liked Don't Mean Anything until the chorus.

Loved it.  Not a song on there I didn't like to some extent.  And I really think the heavier stuff is likely the direction they'll go with the next album.  It always made sense to me that California would overall be a more fun, upbeat, and catchy album (both from the album's name and because it was their first album without Tom and they likely didn't want to do something quite so risky to start off the new era), and while that was definitely true of disc 1, its overall true of disc 2, but disc 2 definitely does get heavier too, with more songs in the veins of Los Angeles, Bored To Death, and Fighting the Gravity.  I really do hope that their next proper album will be less safe than California is overall and chase these darker and heavier themes, because frankly I think they're excelling at those songs.  But having said all of that, I'm very grateful for what California (deluxe) is.  Its a pretty fantastic summer album, the kind of music you just love to blast as you're driving down the street, which really has been a large part of what blink music has always been for me.

• Like 2