Blink-182 Future.

alkaline_skiba

I would like them to go back in with Feldmann and really take their time. They've reset the band in a majorly successful, refreshing way. Now they can get a bit more creative and see what happens.

It would be cool if Tom was involved but that is highly unlikely since he is so lazy and won't leave the house. And is insane, etc.

• Like 2

I really don't care if they keep Feldmann or not, I just hope they approach the album differently.  I like California for what it is: a fun, mostly upbeat, catchy summer album.  But I'd like for them to now take some chances and explore the darker and heavier themes they touched on in California and espeically in disc 2 of California.  An album of songs like Bored To Death, Los Angeles, Hey I'm Sorry, Last Train Home, Long Lost Feeling, and Bottom of the Ocean would greatly appeal to me.  Throw in some stuff in the same veins of Fighting the Gravity and Kaleidoscope, and I think they'd be heading down the path that I very much want them to go down.

• Like 1

I think some of the Cali songs were amazing and some of the Deluxe songs show a step in a cool direction and a spark that I thought might be dead so that's refreshing! THAT BEING SAID, I sadly won't be truly hyped about new Blink music in the future unless they ditch John Feldmann. The ratio of good to horrible on the two(?) album(s) isn't nearly enough to have high hopes in future releases with him as the producer. His factory approach has brought out some bad tendencies in songwriting and production and I reallyyy hope they decide to record with someone else someday. Too many songs have had some really cool ideas that could have become classics with the right environment/producer bringing out the best in them, but they have ended up just kinda mediocre.

Like I always say in these kinds of "big picture" posts haha, I'll always be interested and excited to follow Blink, but it'll definitely take a new approach to get me really invested again.

• Like 1

Just want honest written songs. That's it.  Cali/deluxe just is just too hit or miss with trying too much to churn out hits. Doesn't work the best anymore aside a few fun songs like LTH, BTD, Long Lost Feeling smushed between all too similiar attempts.

I'd like just honest 5 well written songs at a time versus forcing 13 tracks.

I think LTH was the peak will get with Feldmann, which was a great song, but way way too much misses to get there.  They tried at the fun popular stuff, it was a solid attempt, but these guys at this age with all they've been through musically just need to write naturally with their acoustic guitars and lightly produce them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matticus said:

Didn't they already mention they're going back in the studio with Feldman at the end of the year?

California part 1 was cool, not too impressed with the deluxe. I'd like Tom back now to tbh, or at least a different producer. 

they said they "go back to the studio at the end of the year", but never said "with feldmann".

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I would like them to go back in with Feldmann and really take their time. They've reset the band in a majorly successful, refreshing way. Now they can get a bit more creative and see what happens.

It would be cool if Tom was involved but that is highly unlikely since he is so lazy and won't leave the house. And is insane, etc.

I think it would be a nice touch/gesture if Tom featured on a song.  It would be good for the fans, and it would show that they're capable of burying the hatchet and being "friends" in some capacity.  It would also show that Tom is at peace with the situation and all in all would probably be a really cool track if they all 3 contributed some vocals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I think it would be a nice touch/gesture if Tom featured on a song.  It would be good for the fans, and it would show that they're capable of burying the hatchet and being "friends" in some capacity.  It would also show that Tom is at peace with the situation and all in all would probably be a really cool track if they all 3 contributed some vocals.

I don't see it happening.

I dont think ill get too excited over a blink release until something changes. Its pretty obvious that Mark cant write songs like he used to anymore and Skiba/Feldman has not filled the void that Tom left for me. 

• Like 1

New record should be with:

- Feldman, But the band itself just has to write more honest stuff and get the +44/Alkaline sound flowing. And a few radio singles spread across the record.

or

- A new producer (Which is the best option for now)

- And no Tom. As much as i still love that guy, I want him out of blink. It aint working and i already knew he was done in 2012

I remember i read something about new tensions between tom and mark back in 2011-2012. It was only a matter of time.

For all i care the new music doesn't even has to sund like blink. or be a blink record. I just want good music from Mark, Matt and Travis.

• Like 1