Next Single?

NotNow

What Should the Next Single Be?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What Should the Next Single Be?

• Sober
    • Good Old Days

I think these are the two catchiest songs left. There's a couple others that are catchy, but I don't think they would work as singles. So say they have another single scheduled for July, what should they do? I understand how radio friendly sober is, but I think they should have used it in place of home is such a lonely place. It would have worked better as a late winter/early spring single. Good Old Days on the other hand is an infectious dance song perfect for the summer which is why I'm going with that. If there's something else you think should be a single discuss why, but I can't see any other songs on the deluxe working as radio singles and California is being stretched thin with potential singles that would work on radio left so I think these are the two personally.

Good Old Days is the best bet on Deluxe, I wonder if they plan to release one of the Deluxe songs as a single or not. I hate Sober so I hope it's never a single, but I think it and Good Old Days probably have the same chance of becoming a hit. Still wondering about that HISALP video people were talking about.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I thought they already filmed a video for HISALP?

But I hope Sober is a single. Good Old Days would flop for sure. I don't think there is any single material on the deluxe.

Yea that's still coming. This would just be for a hypothetical fourth radio single.

30 minutes ago, fran.182 said:

It's really underperforming: barely top 40 on Mediabase's Alternative, yet to chart on BDS/Billboard. Didn't see it coming, I always thought top 20 was a safe bet.

The band has yet to acknowledge it as a single so I don't think you can say it's under preforming quite yet.

• Like 1

Good old Days best bet from Deluxe. I'm guessing it wouldn't make any sense to make the previously released Deluxe tracks as singles. 

Edit: Sober is not already a single? That's probably the next one since it's become a setlist mainstay. I'm glad i saw them last summer bc I think you will never hear Cali deep cuts live ever again aside from Cynical.  I heard SD, TOTTM, and KOTW at my show and in hindsight I'm glad I did

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

The band has yet to acknowledge it as a single so I don't think you can say it's under preforming quite yet.

It's been officially a single for over a month playing on radio. It's underperforming. Called this one. It's really a garbage choice for a single don't know who decided this one. Did they just say third single has to be a slow song and this is the only one so? It should have been sober.

• Like 2

Good Old Days is like, the least fucking catchy song on the deluxe from my perspective. Misery or Last Train Home (debatable) would be better choices than Good Old Days. 

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Good Old Days is like, the least fucking catchy song on the deluxe from my perspective. Misery or Last Train Home (debatable) would be better choices than Good Old Days. 

I was thinking in terms of appealing to listeners of mainstream radio. Good Old Days would probably reach the largest audience. I agree with you though would love Last Train Home

HISALP was a rough choice that i think was only done in an attempt to hopefully catch that I Miss You success. we'll see what happens when a vid drops and they push it.

went for Sober here. the verses in Good Old Days at least sound very radio friendly but i think Sober would do better. starting off with the chorus, the na na na hook, the 808 clap buildup, sounds like it was made for radio which begs the question why they thought choosing Home or even SOOHM over it was a wise choice..

I have no idea how they will find a way to mess up the HISALP video, but they will. Not that I like the song, one my least favorites on Cali, but it has a good concept and premise.

But I thought Bored to Death was about a failing relationship reaching a boiling point...ended up doing a video about a kid carving bored to death in a desk at school.

She's out of her mind..well we saw what they did with that one.

What was the last good video Blink , the band known for the best videos, has even done?  All the neighborhoods ones were awkward imo because Tom was fat and there was no energy. Hearts all gone was okay.

+44 when your heart stops beating? That one was great.