The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Two, Dude Ranch)

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Two, Dude Ranch)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Worst song from Dude Ranch?

• Pathetic
    • Voyeur
    • Dammit
    • Boring
    • Dick Lips
    • Waggy
    • Enthused
    • Untitled
    • Apple Shampoo
    • Emo
    • Josie
    • A New Hope
    • Degenerate
    • Lemmings
    • I'm Sorry

I've never understood the love and preferred attitude to the MTTS versions of these songs. I like them in a kind of "oh this is different thats nice" or "oh thats faster thats nice" but overall I greatly prefer the album versions to the MTTS ones. To me, the MTTS ones are interesting but by no means better. That especially goes for Pathetic. Pathetic is in my top 5 blink songs of all time (honestly it might be number one but I change my mind on that a lot) and the live version is... nice? I like the 'belong' harmony and extension, but beyond that its just a live version of the same song as far as I'm concerned. the album version is pure awesomeness to me. 

• Like 1

Chiming in on this cause I'd like to say a few words in defense of Boring. I really like that song, it's one of the most guitar oriented blink songs, and when the bass kicks in it gets even better.

The breakdown is awesome, pure Dude Ranch guitar sound and classic Hoppus bass solo. It could have been faster, but it's fast enough and fun to play. And that kissing and horse sound at the end makes me chuckle every time. So underrated.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, daveyjones said:

those of us who knew it on the buddha tape were disappointed in the dude ranch version.

i was talking about this with scott raynor once. i was like, this song totally doesn't fit on the album. and he was like yea, but we were short one song so we just practiced it and threw it on there.

Interesting, I like the Buddha version better, but the first time I listened to Dude Ranch I instantly liked the song along with everything else. I didnt know about the previous version til years later. 

They changed it more than any of the other "remakes"... with Mark singing the chorus and different lyrics in the original

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I've never understood the love and preferred attitude to the MTTS versions of these songs. I like them in a kind of "oh this is different thats nice" or "oh thats faster thats nice" but overall I greatly prefer the album versions to the MTTS ones. To me, the MTTS ones are interesting but by no means better. That especially goes for Pathetic. Pathetic is in my top 5 blink songs of all time (honestly it might be number one but I change my mind on that a lot) and the live version is... nice? I like the 'belong' harmony and extension, but beyond that its just a live version of the same song as far as I'm concerned. the album version is pure awesomeness to me. 

I prefer them to be honest. 

I get what you mean of course but I think Travis brings a lot to the songs and it's kind of cool hearing a polished live blink performance, there's a lot of energy in them too and I've always enjoyed mad sped up blink. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ryanmfears said:

Took a hard vote for I'm Sorry. It's fine but a bit long.

funny thing, when mark played the demo for me, he was so stoked about the long fade out. he said "dude, it's the first song we've done a fade out on!"

• Like 2