Foo Fighters new album "Concrete and Gold"

Ghost

8 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

I thought Foo Fighters only tried to write hits? This song is pretty heavy, different, and awesome.

Nah man. Foo Fighters stick to their guns when it comes to songwriting imo. Most of their songs are heavy though.

1 hour ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Don't bore us, get to the chorus.

One of my favorite lines

For the most part this is supposed to be humorous and not taken seriously. Dave has an ear for good melodies, riffs and choruses but those  /=/ churning out hits all the time, which implies a lack of authenticity imo. Which Foo Fighters doesn't really have despite being super commercial. A lot more goes into the music he and the band create! Read the "Composition" sections on the Wikipedia pages about the Foo Fighters' various albums and see what I mean. ^^ 

Was not expecting much since I didn't like their last record but this was good, a little to long though. Still I wonder what it is that makes Dave always point out they are a rock band no matter what they do, it's like NFG:s obsession with being pop-punk for some reason.