The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Three, Enema Of The State)

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Three, Enema Of The State)  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Worst song from Enema?

• Dumpweed
    • Don't Leave Me
    • Aliens Exist
    • Going Away To College
    • What's My Age Again?
    • Dysentary Gary
    • Adam's Song
    • All The Small Things
    • The Party Song
    • Mutt
    • Wendy Clear
    • Anthem
    • Man Overboard

3 hours ago, thongrider said:

The only song with no votes is the song that wasn't even on the album. 

man overboard was demoed and recorded during the enema sessions. it was only held back as an exclusive for the live album by the label. just like family reunion, it's an enema session track. mutt however, was recorded six months prior. i wouldn't call mutt an enema track at all (particularly since it was first recorded with the scott in 1997).

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

man overboard was demoed and recorded during the enema sessions. it was only held back as an exclusive for the live album by the label. just like family reunion, it's an enema session track. mutt however, was recorded six months prior. i wouldn't call mutt an enema track at all (particularly since it was first recorded with the scott in 1997).

Plus I believe Mutt was performed live starting in 1996. I could be wrong on that but I have a song titled "Mutt Live 96" 

On 6/6/2017 at 8:34 AM, Capsov said:

Both Anthems are two of blink's worst songs. 

Id be surprised if Party Song takes it, a lot of diehards seem to like it. I bet Aliens Exist falls here. 

Anthem Part II is great. The production on the outro alone makes the song. Although the lyrics are pretty cringe.

I'm voting Anthem for this one though. It was between that and All the Small Things (which is probably just because it was overplayed in the mainstream) and Aliens Exist.

Party Song for sure. I love it, but I had to pick something. How is it better songwriting than Aliens Exist which apparently ppl dont like? Lol the lyrics are ridiculous. Surprised more people didnt vote Dysentary Gary since its Tom

ATST got me into blink so I can never hate that song. I just wish they stopped playing it live, it never sounded good

11 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

We might finish this competition by the end of 2017.

Dude, we gotta take our time. savour the discussion and pain. no need to rush, just let it ride ;) 

7 hours ago, Clarke said:

The song brings a fun scenario to the table, and the entire theme of the song is interesting.  The bridge only amplifies this, where the constant strumming of the B combined with the harmonics gives the song a spacey/techy/abnormal drive, and when the second guitar comes into the bridge it just sets things up to make you feel that something's off in the scene. This song is one of Tom's earliest works where he incorporates imagery into the song.  Followed is the climax of the song: a montage of somebody wondering what's going on.

although i don't agree with your enjoyment of the song, you've stated your position well. i understand now why you dig it (even if i don't dig it in that way).

adults on an internet forum... amazing! :-)

• Like 1