The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Five, Untitled. Self Titled. whatever)

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Five, Untitled)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Song From Untitled / Self Titled / The 'Magnum Opus' ?

• Feeling This
    • Obvious
    • I Miss You
    • Violence
    • Stockholm Syndrome
    • Down
    • Go
    • Asthenia
    • Always
    • Easy Target
    • All Of This
    • Here's Your Letter
    • I'm Lost Without You
    • Not Now

5 hours ago, thongrider said:

Wait, why is a 2 minute drum solo fun?

I mean I love the song (has always been one of the songs I enjoyed the most on the album), but I can take or leave the drum solo.

Just like most stuff on that album, it had never been done on a blink song before. Travis was great on Enema & Take Off. Took the step up with Boxcar Racer, then his level went further with the smiley face album IMO. Not just cause of the drum solo though. The drums are insane in every song. I just love the touch of adding a drum solo at the end. I love it when blink gives Travis his moment to shine, like Fallen Interlude is a great song just for it's drums.

I'm not a drummer, and I get that there will be drummers who'll find Travis overrated. But he really does shine on this album, and the drum solo is just one of them things that just shows just how far blink (not just Travis) have gone from being a skate punk band in the early 90s to being some experimental pop punk band with some alt rock/new wave/post punk edge to it.

I wish blink did more stuff like that, where Travis is just given a moment to shine by himself. No guitars, no vocals. Just Travis doing his shit, with maybe some electronics, synths or keyboards in the background. They still do shit like that live, especially on the intro of Violence. Hopefully they do something like that again in the studio.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Here's your Letter. Its the boringest song on the album. Its a good song, but its just the weakest of the bunch! 

To me, it's one of the strongest haha. Mark sounds great especially in that bridge. Love how the guitars in the chorus is kind of like a riff at the same time. One of my all time favourite songs to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

To me, it's one of the strongest haha. Mark sounds great especially in that bridge. Love how the guitars in the chorus is kind of like a riff at the same time. One of my all time favourite songs to be honest.

Here's Your Letter is a permanent top 10 blink song for me personally. The bridge just tops it off as one of Mark's best. Verses are best of Mark as well.

Not sure why ppl don't appreciate it more.

• Like 1

All of This was cool because it was basically a slower version of Easy Target. The way it fades in with the same riff and guest vocals. It was a great idea by the band to do that

Im Lost Without You has a weird vibe, sad and almost haunting. Ive always wanted to know what that sound effect is in the intro. It was a cool closer with the extra drum solo

Also, has anyone ever listened to the Fallen Interlude with the bass boosted in their car? It sounds crazy. The first time I did that I thought it was the coolest thing ever

17 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

All of this is losing? WTF is that shit?

I voted for go, too short, and feels kind of forced like "Lets write a fast song that Mark can sing" and it doesn't really deliver.

I like Go for a couple of reasons.

First, the lyrics feel heavy and sincere.

Second, the guitar riff from 0:53 - 1:04 just screams Southern California punk and definitely has a Blink charm to it. 

Finally, it's nice to have a short, fast-paced song on an album that has so many slower songs.

• Like 2

we had a vote not long ago and feeling this was neck and neck with dammit for best blink song. it's still my vote. combines everything that made blink great at that point in time, including employing that damn chord progression. it's lightly experimental in production, unorthodox with the shouting vocals, mark's doing cool shit on bass, the chorus is an earworm and just classic, the bridge is super good, travis kills it everywhere and is bursting at the seams with creativity, and they have a rad pet sounds-esque fade-out.

• Like 3