The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Five, Untitled. Self Titled. whatever)

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Five, Untitled)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Song From Untitled / Self Titled / The 'Magnum Opus' ?

• Feeling This
    • Obvious
    • I Miss You
    • Violence
    • Stockholm Syndrome
    • Down
    • Go
    • Asthenia
    • Always
    • Easy Target
    • All Of This
    • Here's Your Letter
    • I'm Lost Without You
    • Not Now

The only rehash element of Feeling This is the chorus chord progression but that doesn't matter considering thats in basically every blink song. 

• Like 1

I love literally every track on this album including The Fallen Interlude and the Stockholm Syndrome Interlude. I voted for I'm Lost Without You purely because it's the song I probably listen to the least, even though I think it's amazing. This album is perfect in my eyes.

Blows my mind that people are voting for All Of This, that was one of the songs that actually helped get me hooked on blink. I love it so much, especially paired with Easy Target.

• Like 1

As someone that criticised California for it's overuse on that typical chord progression, I still like a lot of them songs. Bored to Death, Misery, Left Alone, 6/8, Last Train Home, Home Is Such A Lonely Place, Long Lost Feeling etc all songs I love from the California album. Just because they have the same chord progressions as other songs, doesn't make them bad or rehashes. Yeah, may be lazy writing in a way if you're gonna keep using it.

Feeling This apart from the chord progression isn't a rehash at all. If that's a rehash, then it's also a rehash of Let It Be by the Beatles or something. There's not a song that sounds like Feeling This. What other band in music has a song with hip hop grooves for its drum beat, a unique pop punk riff, vocalists trading lines with each other (both shouting them as well), with a sing along chorus, with its final chorus being louder, faster? Not to mention one of the singers purposely singing out of tune just before the bridge when the second singer comes in (which to me would fit in a rap song almost).

The song is what 14 years old? Even in 2017, not one band has made a song that sounds like Feeling This. That's blink through and through. The only thing that will be similar to Feeling This is the chord progression. Feeling This was blink reinventing pop punk IMO. The album may not have been full on pop punk, but that song is and to this day, nothing sounds like it. Great song.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

Davey being an elitist on a Blink board...

this comment is perplexing.

a.) i don't think my opinion is better than anyone else's. your mileage will vary. so i'm not elitist in a literal sense.

b.) my opinions regarding blink are somewhat unpredictable and don't fit a typical pattern of hipster-type music views. for example, i think man overboard is one of their best songs, and it was a huge single. for another, i think jacket is a better album than enema. i'm not purely an "only the old shit was better" kind of guy. i (certainly) am much more selective with the travis-era material, but i don't disregard everything after dude ranch simply by rote. thus i'm not elitist in a figurative sense either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

this comment is perplexing.

a.) i don't think my opinion is better than anyone else's. your mileage will vary. so i'm not elitist in a literal sense.

b.) my opinions regarding blink are somewhat unpredictable and don't fit a typical pattern of hipster-type music views. for example, i think man overboard is one of their best songs, and it was a huge single. for another, i think jacket is a better album than enema. i'm not purely an "only the old shit was better" kind of guy. i (certainly) am much more selective with the travis-era material, but i don't disregard everything after dude ranch simply by rote. thus i'm not elitist in a figurative sense either.

You shit on their newer music using bad reasons (same chord progression for a chorus...it's Blink, they do this all the time) or harp on the same points. Your critique seems unjustified and unnecessary, which is why the elitist comment was made. 

51 minutes ago, Clarkerpes said:

You shit on their newer music using bad reasons...Your critique seems unjustified and unnecessary

"bad reasons" is subjective as any other opinion. to one listener, lyrics might be the most important element to appreciating a song. for me, the chord progressions are a key part of how i 'see' the music. it's something akin to being a "texture eater." some foods taste quite lovely, but a person doesn't like them, for something as narrow as the texture alone. to someone for whom texture does not play a big part in enjoying (or distaining) food, this seems unreasonable and silly. but for a "texture eater" it's essential. texture is a dealbreaker.

using "bad reasons" as you say is quite different than using poor reasoning. my reasons for liking or not liking whatever can be found at length on these forums. my reasoning is reasonably consistent. i'm articulate (sometimes to the point of being verbose) about my views. i get hammered a lot for this. whatever. if you disagree, it's basically saying "i don't place the same value on the precepts with which you have judged this music." to which i say, fair. 

thinking my critique unjustified and unnecessary is certainly fair, i'll take that. but it doesn't make me elitist. it simply makes my comments, in your view, well, unjustified and unnecessary.