The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round 7, California [Standard] )

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round 7, California [Standard] )  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Song From California [Standard]

• Cynical
    • Bored To Death
    • She's Out Of Her Mind
    • Los Angeles
    • Sober
    • No Future
    • Home Is Such A Lonely Place
    • Kings Of The Weekend
    • Teenage Satellites
    • Left Alone
    • Rabbit Hole
    • San Diego
    • The Only Thing That Matters
    • California

7 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Evidently I'm the only person here who loves Cali (the song) lol

Love how melancholic it is and I can relate to it more than most of this album 

I love that song. Its that and Bored to Death as the best songs to me. Ill never get sick of it

Im still not sure what to vote for. So many choices: Sober, Rabbit Hole, Kings. Of the Weekend. 2 absolutely horrific songs and a fall out boy ripoff! How embarassing! 

Update: I chose Rabbit Hole! Honestly, Sober and shitty kings of weekend are better. Rabbit Hole is an embarrassment and Mark sounds horrible. 

Rabbit Hole literally gives me an uncanny valley feeling when I listen to it. There's just something off putting about the whole song. 

There's maybe 5 seconds thats tolerable which is when Matt is yelling the same lyrics as Mark kind of near the end. 

• Like 1

"eyes are open, words are spoken, here comes the sunrise.  Can you remember remember the last time? We woke up sober"

*2 minutes later*

"Mind is open, thoughts are woken. There goes the sunrise. Can you remember remember the last time, I left hungover. Can you remember remember the last time. I stayed over"

And we want to talk about cringe lyrics all the time on here? This is as low as you can get. Add in the Disney style melodies, keep in mind for a punk based band... Left Alone sucks 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

At least Los Angeles was one of the very few songs that tried something new and tried to say SOMETHING.  What really held it back was that it sounds exactly like Fall out Boy Centuries, one of the worst songs ever... And the :whooaaaewwohhohh' yuck.

The weird whoas sound like they belong in Just About Done

14 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

"eyes are open, words are spoken, here comes the sunrise.  Can you remember remember the last time? We woke up sober"

*2 minutes later*

"Mind is open, thoughts are woken. There goes the sunrise. Can you remember remember the last time, I left hungover. Can you remember remember the last time. I stayed over"

And we want to talk about cringe lyrics all the time on here? This is as low as you can get. Add in the Disney style melodies, keep in mind for a punk based band... Left Alone sucks 

I just like the song because it sounds cool and has some catchy parts to it with Matt and Mark. The lyrics dont mean anything to me but they arent cringe like Kings of the Weekend talking about losing your mind on a friday night lol

I'm glad LA isn't in the 'top 2' I can understand peoples issues with it but its hardly the worst thing on there. I think SOOHM is far worse than the others but, Sober does truly suck and while I like California, I understand the hate. 

• Like 1

I honestly do get why some people like Sober. Outside of the chorus and the annoying nananas, gang vocals and all, I get a +44 Make You Smile vibe in some of it. Which is a song I love but I tend not to like songs that are written just for radio or whatever. Some songs I do like if they're written for that reason (All the Small Things, The Rock Show). But them songs don't sound like Panic, ATL etc. It reminds me way too much of Fall Out Boy in the chorus and intro and despite the fact I love Los Angeles, I only find the vocals sound like Centuries in the chorus. Instrumentally the song is completely different. Could argue that the OHH-OHHH parts in the verses give a FOB vibe too. Can imagine the FOB singer doing the OHHHs in that part anyway. But LA is just a good song to me. Sober on the other hand, I just don't like it. Just isn't a blink sounding song to me.

With Los Angeles & Bottom of the Ocean, I get +44 and blink vibes mixing with experimental stuff. The weird intro in LA is a lot like Fighting the Gravity IMO and +44 always had little electronic details in their songs, and things like that started to show in Neighborhoods & Dogs Eating Dogs. So to me, Los Angeles & Bottom of the Ocean sound like songs that would follow up after Neighborhoods. I guess that's why I love them two songs. Blink went from the BCR side project, smiley face album, AVA/+44 to Neighborhoods/DED to songs like Sober, Teenage Satellites, KOTW. That's just plain weird to me. I get bands change, actually love it more when they change, but from all those side projects & albums to the likes of Sober? Sorry, but that's not a natural evolution to me. Los Angeles & Bottom of the Ocean feel more like songs that have the natural evolution. That's just my opinion anyway.

I'm shocked that Sober wasn't a single though. I'd rather hear that than whatever it is Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber (whoever is huge these days, I won't know cause I don't listen) etc come up with. But California has had shit promotion when it comes to singles aside from Bored to Death. Also seems like California Deluxe has worse promotion than Neighborhoods as well. They should've been pushing Sober as a single around this time last year.

• Like 1