Official Prediction

Ghent

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

my predictions:

1) there will be no travis and tom cooperation.

2) tom won't release anything under the name of box car racer.

3) blink's lineup won't change, it will be mark, matt, and travis until the end.

4) blink won't work with feldmann in the future.

5) the next blink album will be a fan favorite (as good as the untitled album or wyhsb).

This is exactly what i want and the most realistic but I will be praying for 4 and 5.

• Like 1

Haha I love this thread @Ghent. If that all happens it will be an insane and entertaining few years to be a Blink fan that's for sure! I think it would be awesome if it all happened that way, but it would take a lot of far fetched things to come true.

My prediction to throw in is that Blink will release another album in 2018, then Tom will be "welcomed back" in 2019 for a short Enema 20th Anniversary Tour. Four-piece lineup, crowds go wild, they all say the right things in the media about how natural it feels and how it's a positive evolution for the band, then after the tour he steps away again on positive terms and Mark Matt and Travis release one more album before calling it a day.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2017 at 2:04 PM, FightingTheGravity said:

Helen & JarJar are next.

I actually argue with Ghent in real life about this. 

This is a nightmare-scenario for me, I don't want Tom anywhere near Blink again, especially not in a 4-piece, and I'm dreading that all of these stupid BCR posts is something more than just Tom trying to remain relevant. 

I don't want Tom in Blink ever again, TBH, the time for that is over. 

Edit: As I have said a few times before, I WANT him to sit down and write an awesome solo record with actual work put into it.  But stay away from Blink. 

• Like 4

The problem with my prediction is it depends entirely on Tom's mental health. Is it even possible for him to "snap out of it" and become a normal functioning human again that isn't overcome with paranoid delusions and fantasies? Probably not.

But if anything could snap him out of it, it would be finding his voice in music again with a friend.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

The problem with my prediction is it depends entirely on Tom's mental health. Is it even possible for him to "snap out of it" and become a normal functioning human again that isn't overcome with paranoid delusions and fantasies? Probably not.

But if anything could snap him out of it, it would be finding his voice in music again with a friend.

I think Tom's always been crazy. Definitely was never normal! But I do think he's more crazy than he used to be too. I think some of it may be midlife crisis too.

• Like 1

i can't say about travis. but i'm going on record that tom and mark will never, ever write music together again. i said write. i could see them reuniting for some kind of live performance (cynical nostalgia cash-grab, rock n roll hall of fame induction, some bullshit awards show, whatever). but never writing anything together. ever again. 

• Like 2

I predict the Strange Times film takes 2 years to finish, Tom releases the "Strange Times" soundtrack under the AVA name, which has a few decent tracks, but mostly on the same level as his demos album. Sometime during the next 2 years he gets Travis to lay drums down on 1 or 2 "punk rock" tracks on it, Tom posts pictures on Instagram of Trav in his studio and the masses go wild. Next summer we'll get the WDNTW acoustic album which will hold off fans as Strange Times continuously gets delayed.

Mark/Trav/Matt get back in the studio with Feldmann this winter, and we get a new album next August. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It is so fucking stupid reading people talk about Toms "mental health"

Have you ever dealt with anyone/or experienced serious mental health problems? 

Tom is full of shit and an idiot at the best of times but comparing him to mentally unwell people is such a fucking stretch. 

Tombot alert! Tombot alert!

10 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I predict the Strange Times film takes 2 years to finish, Tom releases the "Strange Times" soundtrack under the AVA name, which has a few decent tracks, but mostly on the same level as his demos album. Sometime during the next 2 years he gets Travis to lay drums down on 1 or 2 "punk rock" tracks on it, Tom posts pictures on Instagram of Trav in his studio and the masses go wild. Next summer we'll get the WDNTW acoustic album which will hold off fans as Strange Times continuously gets delayed.

Mark/Trav/Matt get back in the studio with Feldmann this winter, and we get a new album next August. 

YEAHHHH BUDDY!!!! 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

It is so fucking stupid reading people talk about Toms "mental health"

Have you ever dealt with anyone/or experienced serious mental health problems? 

Tom is full of shit and an idiot at the best of times but comparing him to mentally unwell people is such a fucking stretch. 

I agree with this, I don't think he's mentally ill, but he's definitely crazy. Said it before, but I remember him talking about him having ADHD, and a lot of that makes sense why he seems to be the way he is. He doesn't seem the most mature person either, considering he was getting famous in his early 20s. He never had the chance to grow the way Mark & Travis did.

Then there was the painkiller addiction, marriage, kids etc, and what I also think could be a midlife crisis. Things change you. The lifestyle that blink-182 have can massively change a person. Him and Mark were best friends. But they aged, went their own ways. Most people are completely different to their younger selves too. Tom definitely hasn't handled a lot of things the mature way either, but like I say, I don't think he had the chance to grow the way Mark & Travis did. He was out of high school and straight into blink, touring, becoming famous. Mark was a little bit older when that happened. Travis was older before he joined blink too.

Tom is just following his dreams, which is fair enough, just he handled it completely wrong after misleading blink for years. He can be deluded and make stupid comments. If Tom is mentally ill, then what was Billie Joe from Green Day in like 2012? He was more insane but I don't think he was mentally ill either. He's crazy, full of shit, stupid, and he's definitely changed since 2003-04 but definitely not mentally ill IMO. There's been many more artists that have had bigger transformations than Tom. Mentally ill is like what Michael Jackson was IMO, but for Tom it's a stretch.

• Like 1

I'm more inclined to believe that Tom is still on something than he's actually ill. I think a lot of the stuff he pulls and says is a bit more than him being immature or a little deluded, he does occasionally sound like a right wacko when it comes to this UFO stuff, but I'm not 100% convinced that he's totally off all substances. I think something is going on, but I'm not sure what it is. he's never been normal, obviously, but he has kind of gone off some deep end over the last 12 odd years, and it just seems to get worse.

36 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I agree with this, I don't think he's mentally ill, but he's definitely crazy. Said it before, but I remember him talking about him having ADHD, and a lot of that makes sense why he seems to be the way he is. He doesn't seem the most mature person either, considering he was getting famous in his early 20s. He never had the chance to grow the way Mark & Travis did.

Then there was the painkiller addiction, marriage, kids etc, and what I also think could be a midlife crisis. Things change you. The lifestyle that blink-182 have can massively change a person. Him and Mark were best friends. But they aged, went their own ways. Most people are completely different to their younger selves too. Tom definitely hasn't handled a lot of things the mature way either, but like I say, I don't think he had the chance to grow the way Mark & Travis did. He was out of high school and straight into blink, touring, becoming famous. Mark was a little bit older when that happened. Travis was older before he joined blink too.

Tom is just following his dreams, which is fair enough, just he handled it completely wrong after misleading blink for years. He can be deluded and make stupid comments. If Tom is mentally ill, then what was Billie Joe from Green Day in like 2012? He was more insane but I don't think he was mentally ill either. He's crazy, full of shit, stupid, and he's definitely changed since 2003-04 but definitely not mentally ill IMO. There's been many more artists that have had bigger transformations than Tom. Mentally ill is like what Michael Jackson was IMO, but for Tom it's a stretch.

How do you define mentally ill?