_Kyle_

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Patient #48273 said:

I don't care for the super abstract stuff, so I found this episode to be mostly tedious. I missed Dougie and his wife.

Man, I loved it. It wasn't really abstract too much though was it? Besides the birth of Bob (or whatever the hell that was) and the Giant, it was all literally what happened right?

2 hours ago, MSandt said:

How much screen time Watts has in the series?

She's been in like 4 episodes and gets about 10 mins in each episode I would say on average. Pretty good considering we haven't seen Matthew Lillard since episode one.

You got me. I think it probably was or at least has some inclination of connection to whatever the fuck Bob is. Or some kind of warping of our world through the horrors of nuclear war manifesting itself in a dark hobo army....

1 hour ago, OliverTrump said:

I'm not reading anything in this thread yet, but wanted to comment I watched seasons 1 and 2 for the first time over the last like 3 weeks. Never binged that fast. Absolutely adored it. Tonight starts season 3.

I'm jealous that you get to watch so much at once for this first time, it's so great all together from my rewatching.

• Like 1

Episode 8 was amazing. So crucial, and yet barely 50 words are spoken throughout. I mean, it was chaotic but it kinda made sense... Twin Peaks has proven to be ahead of its time once more.

Now we have to wait two weeks until the next one. 

17 hours ago, OliverTrump said:

I'm not reading anything in this thread yet, but wanted to comment I watched seasons 1 and 2 for the first time over the last like 3 weeks. Never binged that fast. Absolutely adored it. Tonight starts season 3.

season 3 is more so a continuation of the film than it is the first two seasons (maybe the last episode of season two). i actually think it would be impossible to understand without watching the film and A LOT of people watching this season haven't seen it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ungroovy said:

I really liked FWWM but my friends hate it. I was stoked all the way through, especially since fucking Lara Flynn Boyle was gone.

i never understood why so many people hated it. doesn't make any sense to me considering season two has at least 10 episodes that are downright awful (the episode after leland confesses in the interrogation room up to the episode before the finale). the film saved the series and makes you forget that season two fucked everything up. and i loved "fake donna" for both her performance and appearance. made you realize how badly they mis-casted her character in the tv show to begin with.

i love david lynch to death, but i do kinda wish they brought back a few writers and directors from the original series for the revival (i.e. Tim Hunter, Caleb Deschanel, Robert Engels). when you think about it, Lynch and Frost were pretty absent for the majority of it and a lot of my favorite episodes were created by other people. 

^I thought those were the people during the season 2 slump that were running things? or was it just Frost? 

I think when Showtime brought this thing back, they wanted Lynch 100%. I mean, it makes sense, this show is no longer really episodic in any way. It's just ... going. With anything else going on, it's going to remove the urgency it's building. Like, the most jarring thing to me was that they did away with any soapy stuff and just let it be FWWM on Lynch steroids. In my head I thought it would retain the fun-quirky small town flavor the show was making beforehand. The scenes with Hawk/Lucy/Andy don't really feel natural to me.

I certainly miss that part of the formula, but maybe they thought they were past that now and had already been there and done that. Maybe Cooper coming back will make that happen? Who knows.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

^I thought those were the people during the season 2 slump that were running things? or was it just Frost? 

I think when Showtime brought this thing back, they wanted Lynch 100%. I mean, it makes sense, this show is no longer really episodic in any way. It's just ... going. With anything else going on, it's going to remove the urgency it's building. Like, the most jarring thing to me was that they did away with any soapy stuff and just let it be FWWM on Lynch steroids. In my head I thought it would retain the fun-quirky small town flavor the show was making beforehand. The scenes with Hawk/Lucy/Andy don't really feel natural to me.

I certainly miss that part of the formula, but maybe they thought they were past that now and had already been there and done that. Maybe Cooper coming back will make that happen? Who knows.

idk there were like 14 different people involved with writing and directing the whole series. i just know that the directors i named did some really good episodes. i don't think they're to blame for its downfall. lynch and frost might actually had sought out most of the people to work on it, but when the network forced them to reveal laura's killer, i bet a lot of the good writers bailed after that and nobody cared who was involved. 

On 6/30/2017 at 0:11 AM, ungroovy said:

I'm jealous that you get to watch so much at once for this first time, it's so great all together from my rewatching.

I'm not taking it for granted for sure. I've gotten to see my girlfriend experience Seinfeld and Arrested Development for the first time and was incredibly jealous.