_Kyle_

Loving Season 3 so far. Just binged the first 2 seasons like the week before. It's not as good as the original run so far for 3 reasons (don't misinterpret, Season 3 is very good):

1. We need Cooper back. Dougie Jones is fine, but Cooper was the best character in the original run and his personality is missed

2. More Twin Peaks, the town. A big part of the original run was the mystery surrounding the town and its townspeople and the interactions between them.

3. The returning cast has been weak. I'm all for new characters and would love to see more of them since the old characters have added nothing to the season and are barely in it. 

I think last week's episode is a BOB origin story of sorts. Still don't know what it means and why an egg type of thing with Laura Palmer's face was sent to Earth in 1945. BOB seems to be am evil spirit born out of a nuclear explosion. At least that's my theory

• 1 month later...

I DID! omg, I did. This season has been a rollercoaster.

21083424_10154600479995771_1295876667247

Also for my non-FB friends. I had a pretty Lynch Saturday too at The Great Southern event in Richmond.  Full of tarot cards, jazz, pie, coffee, booze, felons, and the mystery that fills the night's air. Please note the Twin Peaks Sherriff's Department patch.

although, i totally accept it if it is. i applaud lynch for ending it in such a dark way. my interpretation:

its not literally a "dream," but cooper is the one traveling through these separate worlds. after being trapped in the lodge, his mission was to reunite laura and sarah when he got out. the sad and dark reality of the situation is that laura will always be dead and he can not change that no matter which world he is in.

they could totally continue if david lynch agrees to it and showtime is willing to shell out the 100 million dollars again for a show that doesn't necessarily bring in good ratings or emmys.

Its dark to me if Coop is fucked and he destroyed his timeline. However I feel like Lynch isn't exactly doing that, and just giving us another cliffhanger to build upon. Basically series finale is too bleak for me and I'd rather it be just a season finale. Lynch is definitely giving hints that this is far from over during this run and i think even a movie could be coming.

23 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Its dark to me if Coop is fucked and he destroyed his timeline. However I feel like Lynch isn't exactly doing that, and just giving us another cliffhanger to build upon. Basically series finale is too bleak for me and I'd rather it be just a season finale. Lynch is definitely giving hints that this is far from over during this run and i think even a movie could be coming.

as much as i want you to be right, i disagree. lynch is a pain in the ass. prior to this, he hadn't made a film/show in ten years. also, many of his films have endings like this one. it took a really long time for them to make this season. from writing to post production, it took maybe four years or longer. i don't think he has it in him to do this all over again for another season. he's also stated that he's 100% done with making movies countless times. 

Just finished it, watched the last 4 episodes in one go.

Jeeeeesus Christ. I loved so much that ole Dinkie Jones got to go back home to Janey and Sonny Jim. Probably one of my favorite of the final moments for various characters, other than Log Lady.

Log Lady's departure was obviously one of the most incredible things I've seen in a while. I mean, an actually dying woman playing a dying woman who is describing her own death and what it feels like.

I like the idea of the conclusion being that no matter what you do, Laura is dead.

However, the names of the owners of the house that Coop pried out of the current owner were also names of a lodge spirit that Laura was directly involved with. The little boy who made the creamed corn disappear and reappear in his hands when Donna was doing meals on wheels was the grandson spirit of the main spirit, who went by both names: http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Mrs._Tremond's_grandson

Cooper went back to try to save her, but I think this created a problematic timeline (I read some shit about the evil spirit Judy involving herself upon learning that Coop was trying to save her, as Cole mentions Judy earlier in the season and the Fireman mentions Richard and Linda featured in that note at the motel), wherein Cooper seems to have chunks of his memory, but is super disoriented and possibly not a part of reality. He gets Laura from TX, where she works at a diner called Judy's, brings her to a place where the family names of the house's owners are not Laura's, but Lodge spirit names. The woman by the name given as a previous owner was, like I said, getting meals on wheels during the original Twin Peaks series, so she was old as hell. It sort of seems like this timeline where Coop is bringing Laura to her house to jog her memory is happening before the Palmers ever lived there.

Maybe the rest of that time period was current and real, maybe Laura did end up living but something else happened that led Sarah Palmer to the same demise. However, Cooper could not bring Laura back to be where he thought she belonged. She can never go home again.

This got disjointed and weird my b.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, Kevin. said:

as much as i want you to be right, i disagree. lynch is a pain in the ass. prior to this, he hadn't made a film/show in ten years. also, many of his films have endings like this one. it took a really long time for them to make this season. from writing to post production, it took maybe four years or longer. i don't think he has it in him to do this all over again for another season. he's also stated that he's 100% done with making movies countless times. 

I am aware. But, he even said this series was like a 18 part "movie". In fact, I often wondered if this whole thing was a way to funnel more money into his meditation thing. But I think he's treated this series with enough respect and thought, that I don't think it's some easy cash grab. I think he sincerely loves Twin Peaks and wants to continue it as long as he can. I say if the money is right, they'll be more. Whether it's a movie or a series, we'll see. There's a AMA coming up on the Twin Peaks reddit with Sabrina Sutherland and I'll be paying attention to how that goes.

In regards to the series, I'm still thinking about it. I can't stop. I'm amazed it turned out so well considering.

@ungroovy

Just to add what you're saying. Judy is to me the Mother being, I'm assuming. Fun fact even, Judy is actually the name of David Lynch's high school girlfriend and mentioned in FWWM quite heavily if you might recall. Watching the scenes with Agent Jeffries in the film this week, it's clear that Jeffries has been in contact with Dark Cooper as he points to Cooper (who has never met him) and says "Who do you think this is, there?" or something like that. Also, disturbingly we see Cooper looking at himself in the security footage. But his eyes, they are dark like Dark Cooper's. Never put that together before. Jeffries seems to be disturbed or maybe even tortured by Judy, who I think I remember reading was supposed to be Josie's sister. I think that may of been scrapped, but she, Josie, and Agent Jeffries were all supposed to be in Buenos Aires, which may act like a conduit to other dimensions. Also Jeffries doesn't know the year (or is confused by it being 1989) and says "We live inside a dream" before disappearing. My best guess is that Judy is one step ahead of Cooper and has put the missing page (Carrie Page) in another timeline where Laura doesn't die. She may or may not be inhabiting Sarah Palmer. Whether that has anything to do with the creature that got inside the little girl seems unlikely to me, but maybe it is. Clearly there are connections in Odessa (the white horses we see, Judy's diner, CP's seemingly clairvoyance for the name "Sarah") and Cooper is there for a reason...if he is even Cooper anymore. It's a puzzle that doesn't fit it seems.  

I'm also of the mindset that Cooper (Richard) needs to reunite Laura (Carrie Page) with the fragmented Laura that was split into two in FWWM with the portal painting (this is confusing, but apparently Laura is saved by having her doppelganger getting killed (Laura writes that she will die in her diary, refers to herself as "your Laura is gone" to James, becomes "dead" and white-eyed but still alive in the original series, etc), thus the happy ending sorta in FWWM) and complete her finally. It was Mrs. Tresmond that gave her the painting and that's who now owned the house at some point. I was under the impression that Laura was saved from the Black Lodge, and that was the happy ending occuring, but apparently she's still somewhere lurking (also with her doppelganger) in the waiting room. This is maybe why Leland says "find Laura" to Cooper. Carrie Page is the last remnant of Laura that isn't whole, and needs to be reunited. At least, I think that's what Cooper is attempting to do. Hence why he gave no shits about the dead man in Carrie's world. He doesn't belong there really, and just needs to figure out what year it is and where Carrie Page needs to be. I see that as possibly the direction the series will go, if Lynch and co ever get to continue it.

7 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I am aware. But, he even said this series was like a 18 part "movie". In fact, I often wondered if this whole thing was a way to funnel more money into his meditation thing. But I think he's treated this series with enough respect and thought, that I don't think it's some easy cash grab. I think he sincerely loves Twin Peaks and wants to continue it as long as he can. I say if the money is right, they'll be more. Whether it's a movie or a series, we'll see. There's a AMA coming up on the Twin Peaks reddit with Sabrina Sutherland and I'll be paying attention to how that goes.

In regards to the series, I'm still thinking about it. I can't stop. I'm amazed it turned out so well considering.

even if he wanted to, which i dont think he does, it might be legitimately too difficult for him to continue the series. its was stupidly obvious that the deaths of actors interfered with the script he and frost had written for the return.

i guarantee they wrote a lot of parts for michael ontkean and had to awkwardly replace his scenes with "harry's sick...i'm his brother frank" after he turned the part down. same thing with david bowie after he died. i bet lynch wanted to use the hell out of him. so many of the earlier episodes this season referenced his character. then it all led up to a flash back scene from FWWM and two "tea kettle" scenes. Albert also played a huge role in this season. now that actor is dead. it would be tough to write around that. i'm sure a few other older actors are at risk of dying within the next few years. 

i think lynch should have revived this like seven years ago.