Mayweather vs McGregor

Low Value Boy

The more i watch the build up, the more i think Conor has a small chance. 2/3 months ago i was sure Floyd would KO him pretty easily. Mayweather's inactivity and brittle hands are a real problem imo.

Conor is tearing Floyd apart in the press conferences - absolutely hilarious. He's in a win-win situation. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

The more i watch the build up, the more i think Conor has a small chance. 2/3 months ago i was sure Floyd would KO him pretty easily. Mayweather's inactivity and brittle hands are a real problem imo.

Conor is tearing Floyd apart in the press conferences - absolutely hilarious. He's in a win-win situation. 

Yeah it's a win win for Conor. He gets mega cash and nobody expects him to win anyway. 

thats the thing with Conor he's so confident he talks you into thinking he's gonna win. I wonder if any doubt will creep into Floyds mind? He also uses the law of attraction and visualises everything. He will visualise himself beating Floyd everyday till the fight. 

Conor is the bigger man and can punch but he'll have boxing gloves on and Mayweather has faced big punchers before. Conor needs to come out all guns blazing and he may catch Floyd 

4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah it's a win win for Conor. He gets mega cash and nobody expects him to win anyway. 

thats the thing with Conor he's so confident he talks you into thinking he's gonna win. I wonder if any doubt will creep into Floyds mind? He also uses the law of attraction and visualises everything. He will visualise himself beating Floyd everyday till the fight. 

Conor is the bigger man and can punch but he'll have boxing gloves on and Mayweather has faced big punchers before. Conor needs to come out all guns blazing and he may catch Floyd 

No an ounce of fear from the guy with nothing to lose.

Floyd on the other hand was almost kidding himself when he said he would fight in an Octagon. He just doesn't have the guts for it. 

If Conor lasts 1 round, it will be embarrassing for the sport of Boxing - such a dangerous fight for Mayweather.

The press tour this week was absolutely hilarious. Conor definitely has a chance to win, he's such a wild card. I dont see Floyd KOing and embarrassing him. Conor fought and won at 3 weight classes last year including the 2 fights at 170 lbs. He's not some pussy, but obviously the odds are stacked against him. 

Stoked for this fight.  Mayweather will just out jab him I think.  Though Connor has a shit load of power, so Floyd has to be careful not to get caught.

So fucking sick of this media circus they did though.  They were either running out of shit to say by the end of it, or just saying the exact same crap.

Just fight already!   Lol.

Prediction is that very little happens and Floyd wins on points.

I low key grew up watching boxing with my dad, it's been weird watching it die. This almost sucks because you can't get much bigger-name than this, I hope it revives things.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

I low key grew up watching boxing with my dad, it's been weird watching it die. This almost sucks because you can't get much bigger-name than this, I hope it revives things.

This.
I think he's had more than half his wins via points.  He's just so damn good, that he can just keep landing shots and scoring points.

5 hours ago, ungroovy said:

We're actually pretty lucky and taken advantage of the lack of decent US fighters and British boxing is probably stronger than it's ever been. 

I don't think McGregor has much of a chance but then again Floyd is 40 and hasn't had a fight in a good couple of years now I suppose he has a chance. Just think Mayweathers defence might be too good for him. 

I don't agree - i think there are some great fighters now - but nowhere near compared to 10/15 years ago. Now they are all boring to death - none of them have an ounce of showmanship or character that boxing has always had. The Heavyweight division and (Light/Super middleweight) is a mess, bar Joshua and maybe Wilder. After the Canelo/GGG fight - there will be very little to look forward to imo. 

I miss the days of Eubank, De La Hoya, Prince Naseem, Calzaghe, Tyson, Roy Jones, Berrera etc. 

Yeah - theres lots of talent around, but none of them excite me like some of the guys in the past. I really like watching Golovkin and Eubank - buts its just good boxing now, i miss being entertained. 

Fury? The guy that never even defended his belt so he could go on the lash and snort coke? British-wise, not many are going to break the American market, even Joshua hasn't reached there properly yet. 

The last truly great fight i watched was Calzaghe vs Roy Jones - if felt like watching a blockbuster fight of two greats. 

Fury is a legend. Funny as fuck. He didn't defend his belts because his belts were stripped from him. He beats Joshua btw. What about Joshua vs Klit? Was an absolute fucking classic. 

What about that super 6 tournament? Looks brilliant. Calum Smith, Eubank Jr and Groves all involved. 

Have you seen the Sunderland lad Josh Kelly? Early days but fuck me he looks unreal. Dubois looks an absolute tank too. What about Anthony Yarde? Looks like an early Mike Tyson serious. 

Is there a better boxer on the planet right now than Lomachenko? Not a fcking chance. 

Boxing is in great shape imo

9 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fury is a legend. Funny as fuck. He didn't defend his belts because his belts were stripped from him. He beats Joshua btw. What about Joshua vs Klit? Was an absolute fucking classic. 

What about that super 6 tournament? Looks brilliant. Calum Smith, Eubank Jr and Groves all involved. 

Have you seen the Sunderland lad Josh Kelly? Early days but fuck me he looks unreal. Dubois looks an absolute tank too. What about Anthony Yarde? Looks like an early Mike Tyson serious. 

Is there a better boxer on the planet right now than Lomachenko? Not a fcking chance. 

Boxing is in great shape imo

Tyson is joke - he was stripped because he didn't defend his belt! What kinda champion is that?

Liked Joshua vs Klitchcho - but where does Joshua go next? Wilder is his only realistic target. 

Groves, Froch, Smith - all boring as fuck. 

Super 6 is the only thing that holds my interest anymore. 

They ALL look they are gonna be the next big thing - but none of them ever actually reach those heights, this happened with the last generation - remember Jeff Lacy? Never amounted to anything. Lomachenko looks great but he's had 8 fights or something? He's need to fight Rigondeaux, and gets some names under his belt.