Did Blink put on a better live performance with Tom (post-reunion) or Matt?

Meltdown Tracker

Did Blink put on a better live performance with Tom (post-reunion) or Matt?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did Blink put on a better live performance with Tom (post-reunion) or Matt?

• Tom (post-reunion)
    • Matt
    • They're both equal

oh, the good old days when phones weren't able to handle bass sounds... :) todays bootlegs sound too perfect.

a few years ago the lower frequencies were translated to awful noise, then a period came when the bass was almost mute, and now it's the loudest range.

i think these changes affect our memories too. the live shows of blink around 2010 were "great", because we were used to the crackling noises on youtube, while the sound in person was clearer/better.

and now we have these crystal clear audio recordings from all shows, and the only distractions are the mistakes they make. at live shows everything sounds as good as before, but it's "boring" now.

i don't have a conclusion, just came up with this shit about how your mind can play tricks on you.

• Like 3

Where the above videos supposed to be anti-Tom? Sounds fine to me. Tom and Matt are both good in their own ways, Tom with the energy, Matt with singing in key. Depends on what you perfer, I perfer the energy and his stage presence more than Matt. I think Matt sounded great though at the Lollapalooza show, and he was moving around more and saying some things.

On 2017-08-03 at 3:08 PM, Ghent said:

I think it's more disrespectful to quit the band three times so you can sit at home hyping announcements for shit that like 500 cringy tombots may care about with a 1% chance of ever being released.

So you don't think he maybe wants to spend time with his family? ffs he is 40, he can't go touring all his life and miss seeing his kids grow up

haha!

In all seriousness though. I like how 90% of people have to work 40 damn hours a week and this guy pops in here acting like Tom will miss his children's entire childhoods if he tours for 4 months every 3 years. Give me a fucking break Andrew182.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

haha!

In all seriousness though. I like how 90% of people have to work 40 damn hours a week and this guy pops in here acting like Tom will miss his children's entire childhoods if he tours for 4 months every 3 years. Give me a fucking break Andrew182.

There is a big difference between having a normal job and working as a musician, a normal person  would come home every day, when you are on tour in different countries for a long period of time you get tired of it, hell try doing it yourself for years and then come back here and say bs that, it is disrespectal to leave the band 3 times. Let the man do what he wants 

3 minutes ago, Andrew182 said:

There is a big difference between having a normal job and working as a musician, a normal person  would come home every day, when you are on tour in different countries for a long period of time you get tired of it, hell try doing it yourself for years and then come back here and say bs that, it is disrespectal to leave the band 3 times. Let the man do what he wants 

Oh poooor Tom, making millions of dollars working 3 months every 3 years must have been so hard. I just can't imagine leaving my family for three months and bringing home 10 million dollars to enjoy with them for the next 2 1/2 years. That would be such a tough life.

• Like 2

Just now, Ghent said:

Oh poooor Tom, making millions of dollars working 3 months every 3 years must have been so hard. I just can't imagine leaving my family for three months and bringing home 10 million dollars to enjoy with them for the next 2 1/2 years. That would be such a tough life.

Sure, go on tour for atleast 15 years

9 minutes ago, Andrew182 said:

Sure, go on tour for atleast 15 years

Oh, 15 years...let's see. that means 15 months of actually touring and a pay day of probably $100 million dollars.

WAY less work than the average person and astronomically higher pay.

He earned it with talent and marketing. I'm not complaining. But for you to come on here and act like Tom is overworked or something is a god damn joke.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Oh, 15 years...let's see. that means 15 months of actually touring and a pay day of probably $100 million dollars.

He earned it with talent and marketing. I'm not complaining. But for you to come on here and act like Tom is overworked or something is a god damn joke.

15 months? bullshit. You may think its easy work but why don't you try doing it?

5 minutes ago, Andrew182 said:

15 months? bullshit. You may think its easy work but why don't you try doing it?

Three months touring every three years. 15 months of touring. Math.

Why don't I try doing it? Because I suck at guitar and I'm not in blink-182? What kind of question is that?

Stop acting like touring a rock band is some huge sacrifice. Try being in the military and getting deployed for 10 months at a time with little contact or something real. And after that you come home with $50,000. Not 10 million lol.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Three months touring every three years. 15 months of touring. Math.

Why don't I try doing it? Because I suck at guitar and I'm not in blink-182? What kind of question is that?

Stop acting like touring a rock band is some huge sacrifice. Try being in the military and getting deployed for 10 months at a time with little contact or something real. And after that you come home with $50,000. Not 10 million lol.

Lol were not even talking about the military, (that is not a easy job), neither is being on tour

Yeah, touring probably sucks ass when you're in a stinky bus and make no money.

Blink rolls around in gigantic luxury vans they have all to themselves and are free to bring their family and whoever they'd like. They also makes tens of millions of dollars.

This is a ridiculous discussion.

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well... marketing, sure. 

5 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Tom does whatever the fuck he wants, the harsh reality is that he does not want to do Blink or he would.

It's just like a breakup with someone you were with for a long time but it didn't work out, and they no longer want you. You can re-watch all the old videos you made together, look at old photos and miss the good times, but the reality is that it is over. You can either live in the past and be sad that you'll never have that again (as you lay around sobbing, wacking off to old videos), or you can move on and be happy that you found someone who is pretty cool, appreciates you, and tries their best. Maybe the new gf doesn't quite tickle your balls the way you're used to, but be thankful someone is there to tickle them. Especially when the ex you love so dearly doesn't care about you at all and has decided to go and chase aliens. Literally.

Do you by chance have something of your own writing and melody that would help us accept this fate? 

• Like 2