Live Stream of Lollapalooza show

Boring.........Alright

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Best mark sounded on bored to death

matt has messed up a bit, the end of the first verse of first date lyrics

lol kings of the weekend

everything sounds so cookie cutter to me. Some people like that exact replication of the album version, but not for me

It amazes me Matt still fucks up lyrics when he still has a big ass lyric monitor in front of him...

• Like 1

Just now, ryan1125 said:

Thought SOOHM/KOTW/Sober all sounded great. I know the set list seems stale but it's been a perfect pace for a festival setting IMHO...

If I was at a festival, I wouldn't mind the lack of breaks between songs just to fit in as many songs as possible because they have limited time. But at a normal show, I would be exhausted they don't stop playing at all for more than ten seconds at any point.

On 8/3/2017 at 0:57 PM, Raxy! said:

Gonna be the same shows we already have on youtube. 

Same set list, bass way too loud, barely any guitar, matt yelling, mark struggling. 

He wasn't wrong lol - switched to The Killers stream and was treated to a real show. That's a band that's aged well, blink has gone downhill and it shows. 

11 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

He wasn't wrong lol - switched to The Killers stream and was treated to a real show. That's a band that's aged well, blink has gone downhill and it shows. 

Just listened to three killers songs. They make blink look like a joke and I thought they sounded pretty good tonight overall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Just listened to three killers songs. They make blink look like a joke and I thought they sounded pretty good tonight overall.

Yea I don't know - showmanship is definitely a huge part of live shows and as someone mentioned before, blink is just super cookie-cutter now. Any recording of blink shows that I put on now are the exact same - hell this date backs to just after the Neighborhoods drop so I guess it's nothing really new to the "new" blink but at least Tom era blink gave Australia a deep-cuts acoustic performance and switched it up by bringing Self-Titled songs back. Now it's just the same show over and over and over.

I just watched the Killers finish their set, and even ending on "Mr Brightside" was full of energy, they finished with a giant guitar solo and everything about that song screamed life. Maybe it's because I've watched the band for so long, but Mark ending on Carousel didn't seem like anything special. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed it all, sure there were a couple mess ups (mostly Mark on bass, and the mix was too bass heavy) but whatever it's a huge live show. Still sounded great IMHO, and Mark was funny a few times. 

I'd rather watch Travis by himself than The Killers. 

• Like 1

I thought it sounded pretty bad. Guitar was barely audible, not sure if it was a bad mix or Matt's guitar tons just sucks. Matt's voice is getting worse on songs and he is very sloppy.

Hilarious how Mark had to give Matt the "Dandelion" line in Sober, couldn't hit his own songs, damn you Feldman!

Mark looks really good for his age but I can tell his voice is starting struggle, and Travis is amazing, deserves to be doing something better.

It's not a show I would pay to see anymore.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theedge00 said:

They opened with it.

Mark and Travis look back and as good as ever on here... Matt can't even play Rock Show without looking stiff and sounding off.. really really want to try someone else. It's like the easiest song in their catalogue.

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Mark looks really good for his age but I can tell his voice is starting struggle, and Travis is amazing, deserves to be doing something better.

HE TRIMMED THE FUCKING HAWK, THAT'S WHY.  There's also this theory going around that the long sleeve makes him look younger... Honestly kind of does. He looks in his 30s here to me. Sounds great too, glad they play Violence, when it's not cookie cutter and is a change up for them.

• Like 1