Live Stream of Lollapalooza show

Boring.........Alright

43 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

HE TRIMMED THE FUCKING HAWK, THAT'S WHY.  There's also this theory going around that the long sleeve makes him look younger... Honestly kind of does. He looks in his 30s here to me. Sounds great too, glad they play Violence, when it's not cookie cutter and is a change up for them.

I think certain clothes  make you appear younger. I ve started wearing tighter shirts and everyone says how fit and young I look.

I am not fitter than I was, its just the shirt.

turned this off before it finished out of disappointment. so boring. matt seemed drunk, which could be enjoyable, but he was fucking up left and right. how do you play 100+ shows with blink and still need the lyric monitor? moreover, how has mark been playing bass for 30 years and still fucks up more than he should? like literally. nothing he's playing is remotely hard for most bassists, and he's still routinely fucking up.

i know the appeal of blink was that they're sloppy, but when everything is played at album tempo and they leave after 70 minutes, it leaves you feeling a little bummed. they're really not worth seeing anymore. the only high point of this set was watching travis destroy as usual, particularly on violence

• Like 4

I do think part of it is because we are die hard fans, and Blink gears their shows to the tribute act fan, as do a lot of bands, because that is the majority of the people at the shows. That has to be kept in mind.

But even that considered, it is still stale as shit, like how many fucking times can you open with "Feeling This" and close with "Dammit". Reinvent the fucking thing already. God forbid you try something different. 70 min shows, pathetic.

And god forbid you actually played anything off the Deluxe or something DIFFERENT.

I really did think it was Tom's lack of effort that sank Neighborhoods, but I am starting to see otherwise.

• Like 2

Have to listen to this in the next few days when I find time. The reviews here doesn't sound too promising.

I remember when Blink played one of their last concerts with Tom at Reading & Leeds. I was excited all day to see the stream and tried everything to make it work to watch it live. They didn't sound great but the atmosphere was full of energy and that's what Blink was all about...and they had fun on stage.

Now I didn't even care to go on YouTube to watch the show...crazy what this band has become...

39 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Have to listen to this in the next few days when I find time. The reviews here doesn't sound too promising.

I remember when Blink played one of their last concerts with Tom at Reading & Leeds. I was excited all day to see the stream and tried everything to make it work to watch it live. They didn't sound great but the atmosphere was full of energy and that's what Blink was all about...and they had fun on stage.

Now I didn't even care to go in YouTube to watch the show...crazy what this band has become...

I was thinking the same exact thing I remember when blink play reading and it was streamed and I remember waiting around so I can watch the show and although it wasn't the best it was still fun. When I heard the blink was playing this time with a stream I had no interest in really watching it. The interest is just gone for some reason

31 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Now I didn't even care to go in YouTube to watch the show...crazy what this band has become...

I listened to that show all the time for months after it came out until Tom left. He may not have sounded amazing, but there was so much energy in that show it was infectious. Must have been amazing to be in the crowd. Now I don't even care about hearing anything live related to this band.

Listen to I miss you from last night, and then immediately go to the reading 2014 performance. The difference is jarring all the way down to the light show (I guess I prefer lights to some smoke). Everything sounds exactly like the album last night and it's so boring. Yes it sounds good performance wise, but I'd take energy and uniqueness to a live performance any day over that. There's probably other songs you could do that would be even more jarring.

• Like 4