Live Stream of Lollapalooza show

Boring.........Alright

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Also, their energy is fake, this is how they really feel about being  onstage. ::yawn::

You have clearly never been in a serious band.  When you practice 2x, 3x, more a week (or everyday for a soundcheck for Blink, for decades) you don't run around stage doing jumps.

It's PRACTICE to keep muscle memory and get a feel for the sound of the venue.....

Oliver if you're going to replace Skiba, you NEED to learn these things. Sheesh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Did it not start right on marks dying cat bass fuck up? I don't really care about the minor fuck ups, but that seemed abnormally bad for him so I thought it was funny to point it out. Agree with you on anthem part 2. Of all of the old deep tracks they could add, they pick that one? Give me going away to college, or online songs, or every time I look for you.

A little bass mess up is not worth a message board cry session. Tom was fucking up like that 15 times per song and that is the era that you yearn for?

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

A little bass mess up is not worth a message board cry session. Tom was fucking up like that 15 times per song and that is the era that you yearn for?

I don't yearn for it? I may think it's better than what we have now OVERALL, but I don't think Tom's performance was good at all including his tone and voice. I enjoyed the energy and his solos though. I was very vocal against his tone in 2014 over how bad it gotten, it was absolutely terrible that year. And I don't want Tom back in the band, I may still prefer his live presence, but the guy doesn't give a shit so he shouldn't be in the band. I want them to be a different band with matt, not blink. Working under blink is limiting them John even admitted that in interviews that they had to record a very specific way to sound like blink. Matt feels out of place because he doesn't fit the blink brand and doesn't play guitar the way Tom did, but he's forced to try to create riffs similarily to Tom. I wish they would be their own band so they could do whatever they want and matt could flourish more as his own character without the pressure of feeling like he has to do everything completely different than what he's used to. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I still contend that MATt is a bad fit, and that is their problem. I do like his vocal trade offs with Mark on songs, that is really about it,

He just appears to be so out of his element in Blink

look at him here, it is amazing the difference,  the guitar tone is a million times better.

This is the difference of someone being in control of his work & himself and not someone else in control of them. Music is suppose to be an emotional thing, you can tell Matt created this music and has his heart in it.  Not even recognizable tbh.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I don't yearn for it? I may think it's better than what we have now OVERALL, but I don't think Tom's performance was good at all including his tone and voice. I enjoyed the energy and his solos though. I was very vocal against his tone in 2014 over how bad it gotten, it was absolutely terrible that year. And I don't want Tom back in the band, I may still prefer his live presence, but the guy doesn't give a shit so he shouldn't be in the band. I want them to be a different band with matt, not blink. Working under blink is limiting them John even admitted that in interviews that they had to record a very specific way to sound like blink. Matt feels out of place because he doesn't fit the blink brand and doesn't play guitar the way Tom did, but he's forced to try to create riffs similarily to Tom. I wish they would be their own band so they could do whatever they want and matt could flourish more as his own character without the pressure of feeling like he has to do everything completely different than what he's used to. But that's just my opinion.

This exactly, spot on.  

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

To be fair Tom rarely  fucked up on guitar even super drunk. 

Because he dumbed down the riffs and didn't play them right, which is messing up in its own way imo

Wow, it is a bit ridiculous that he fucks up that much.

Tom was amazing, he had crazy talent, no one is going to replace him in the same way. But as I said before, Matt needs to bring something unique to the table and he doesn't, he is essentially a guitarist/singer for hire.

When I saw Blink live, he was just boring as shit.

I am shocked that I am saying that, but maybe give Feldman a guitar and put him up there, I may dislike him but at least he would add some kind of fucking personality to the show FOR GOD SAKE

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I am shocked that I am saying that, but maybe give Feldman a guitar and put him up there, I may dislike him but at least he would add some kind of fucking personality to the show FOR GOD SAKE

Sign me up! 

19 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Tom was amazing, he had crazy talent, no one is going to replace him in the same way. But as I said before, Matt needs to bring something unique to the table and he doesn't, he is essentially a guitarist/singer for hire.

But the fact alone that Matt doesn't sound like a dying horse when he sings goes a long way to make the case that he's a considerable improvement over Tom. At least now I don't have to turn the video off the moment the singing begins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FightingTheGravity said:

This is the difference of someone being in control of his work & himself and not someone else in control of them. Music is suppose to be an emotional thing, you can tell Matt created this music and has his heart in it.  Not even recognizable tbh.

This. I love Matt, always have. I'm a huge Trio fan. BUT - the blink version of him doesn't even sound like him, the only time it really sounds like he actually wrote what he's singing is his pre chorus on Hey I'm Sorry. 

He's not a good fit at all and as a Trio fan it sucks that he's basically treating them like a side project when it's supposed to be his main band. Fuck, Corey Taylor can manage to keep two bands alive without any of them feeling like a side project, why can't anybody (except Travis off) do that when they're involved with blink? 

52 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

The difference between Skiba and Feldman is that just as Matt, Feldman would never be able to sing Tom's parts live, BUT, we would get a guy who's rocking out on stage. Feldman is crazy fun to watch on a stage, he's just enjoying himself to the max

• Like 1

Tom can't even sing Tom's parts live. 

Should they have auditions where 1000 nasally 20 years olds wearing Hurley shirts and dickeys line up and see who can sound the most like Tom? 

I'm sure you tombots would just love if they brought in a carbon copy of Tom circa 2001 that played an acoustic rendition of Fuck A Dog every night. Leo Dehoe?

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Tom can't even sing Tom's parts live. 

Should they have auditions where 1000 nasally 20 years olds wearing Hurley shirts and dickeys line up and see who can sound the most like Tom? 

I'm sure you tombots would just love if they brought in a carbon copy of Tom circa 2001 that played an acoustic rendition of Fuck A Dog every night. Leo Dehoe?

You totally misunderstood me or didn't read my post all the way if this was aimed at me.

Fuck ... it's like reading through the diaries of kids with divorced parents in here.

Jesus, grab a tissue, wipe off the snot and stop bickering over trivial 'what ifs'.

You got two Christmas, shut the fuck up, Timmy.

Matt ain't Dad but he's fucking trying and putting in a fucking effort so quit being an emo bitch about it. No one is trying to replace your Daddy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Fuck ... it's like reading through the diaries of kids with divorced parents in here.

Jesus, grab a tissue, wipe off the snot and stop bickering over trivial 'what ifs'.

You got two Christmas, shut the fuck up, Timmy.

Matt ain't Dad but he's fucking trying amd putting in a fucking effort so quit being an emo bitch about it. No one is trying to replace your Daddy. 

You're funny