Live Stream of Lollapalooza show

Boring.........Alright

18 hours ago, Ghent said:

I totally get not liking Skiba as much as Tom, what I don't get is why someone would choose to spend hours out of their day complaining about it. Nit picking stupid shit. Every fucking day. 

I think me and you generally get where each other are coming from most of the time so I don't blame you for getting bored and annoyed by that stuff because you are enjoying this era. But I think the amount of complaining and nitpicking has been pretty much the same as ever. It's just changed subjects. The whole time I've been around this site (basically since the reunion) people have complained and nitpicked just as much, only it used to be about things like Mark's tweets or Travis's kids or Tom's voice/guitar tone/other projects/delays/shirts/hats/weight/teeth and now it's about whether people think Skiba and Feldmann are good fits for Blink. I don't think it's gotten more negative or less civil or anything, I think the difference is that now you like the thing that people complain about the most.

• Like 2

In all seriousness, why didn't blink just use Feldmann to replace Tom? We all know he played a huge role in writing the new albums and his sound is all over them. He would bring so much energy to live shows and I honestly think he would do a better job than Matt. It just makes so much sense for him to be in the band.

Just now, Champ182 said:

I think me and you generally get where each other are coming from most of the time so I don't blame you for getting bored and annoyed by that stuff because you are enjoying this era. But I think the amount of complaining and nitpicking has been pretty much the same as ever. It's just changed subjects. The whole time I've been around this site (basically since the reunion) people have complained and nitpicked just as much, only it used to be about things like Mark's tweets or Travis's kids or Tom's voice/guitar tone/other projects/delays/shirts/hats/weight/teeth and now it's about whether people think Skiba and Feldmann are good fits for Blink. I don't think it's gotten more negative or less civil or anything, I think the difference is that now you like the thing that people complain about the most.

You have to admit that the tone has changed since Tom got the boot. The complaints have venom now. Far less casual critiquing, more actual crybabies. It seems like this is a blink hate message board more than a fan board now. I mean its always been quirky around here, but now it's like people are coming here just to complain. And it's not like the come and go. They camp all day.

And the people who actually enjoy the current band are stuck. I've actually considered branching to a different place just to talk blink without having to hear the same shit. That has never happened before.

I don't care at all about complaining. But the tone of actually hating blink now makes this place suck balls. And having to read the same complaints so many times is tiring. I feel like I have to respond just for the sake of parity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You have to admit that the tone has changed since Tom got the boot. The complaints have venom now. Far less casual critiquing, more actual crybabies. It seems like this is a blink hate message board more than a fan board now. I mean its always been quirky around here, but now it's like people are coming here just to complain. And it's not like the come and go. They camp all day.

And the people who actually enjoy the current band are stuck. I've actually considered branching to a different place just to talk blink without having to hear the same shit. That has never happened before.

I don't care at all about complaining. But the tone of actually hating blink now makes this place suck balls. And having to read the same complaints so many times is tiring. I feel like I have to respond just for the sake of parity.

Yeah I hear ya, now that there hasn't really been anything new to talk about it's just everybody reiterating their opinion over and over haha. At least when Cali came out everything was new.

• Like 1

There's a lot of blink hate around at the moment. I was just on reddit and that sub is a lot like this. You have the couple of people who love new blink but a large majority are hating what they have become. i actually find it pretty interesting/entertaining.

I don't care what people's opinions are regarding California, or the shows, or Matt.  Opinions and discussions are good and the entire point of boards. 

I get triggered by all of the made up scenarios, conspiracy theories, and *certain* people believing they could replace Matt Skiba. 

There is a massive difference between cess-pools of negativity and fantasy compared to actual opinions. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I get triggered by all of the made up scenarios, conspiracy theories, and *certain* people believing they could replace Matt Skiba. 

Half of this board are probably actual better guitar players than Matt Skiba. That isn't some fantasy, the dude is garbage on all accounts with the instrument.

8 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Half of this board are probably actual better guitar players than Matt Skiba. That isn't some fantasy, the dude is garbage on all accounts with the instrument.

100% of the members on this board are better trolls than you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

100% of the members on this board are better trolls than you.

Matt is a shitty guitar player. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.  Step outside of your parents basement for once and you might be able to function better. Once we stop acting like everything just so peachy, Blink might actually start to dial in and create something more authentic and provide more effort. If everyone just acts like it's just so great, nothing will change.

Matt is very very basic as a guitarist but as he's a career musician he has learned and earned our respect from sheer workhorsing it. Gigging so much and for so long is a hard task, doing it well whilst singing is a hard task. Alk3 did shit like shows where they did EVERY DAMN SONG THEY EVER WROTE. 96 songs! you can't do shit like that without some serious stamina and commitment. 

Yeah, he's not ridiculously talented but neither is Tom. What he is is dedicated, what he is is a songwriter first and foremost. You may be able to play WMAAs intro better that Matt but you're not doing it in front of thousands of people night after night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Matt is very very basic as a guitarist but as he's a career musician he has learned and earned our respect from sheer workhorsing it. Gigging so much and for so long is a hard task, doing it well whilst singing is a hard task. Alk3 did shit like shows where they did EVERY DAMN SONG THEY EVER WROTE. 96 songs! you can't do shit like that without some serious stamina and commitment. 

Yeah, he's not ridiculously talented but neither is Tom. What he is is dedicated, what he is is a songwriter first and foremost. You may be able to play WMAAs intro better that Matt but you're not doing it in front of thousands of people night after night. 

The fact he's so dedicated is what is concerning to not be able to at least nail every Blink song on guitar. That's what you were hired to do. I get it's in front of thousands of people, but I'm sick of the excuses. He didn't just stop in the middle of an Alk3 show and go try and cover a bunch of Blink songs, he's actually a part of the band and for 2ish years now.  Time to step up a bit wouldn't you think.  If he's not going to nail the songs, at least provide some sort of energy at the shows.

It's true that that never was the focus in Alk3, the songs were meant to have basic guitar, but you'd think after years and years he'd have something up his sleeve. Anything. There's a reason why even Feldmann couldn't restrain from calling out he had like no cool guitar parts so they had to add Kings of the Weekend in...it's just pathetic idc what feelings are involved he needs to step up the guitar game.

And Tom is an underrated guitarist. He's written some pretty unique stuff and created his own style.  That's harder than ppl make it out to be.