WDNTW acoustic *OUT NOW*

Lauren

Instrumentally I like these, though I do see and understand the complaint that they are overproduced especially for acoustic renditions, still I don't mind.  What does bother me though is Tom's voice.  Wow, just wow, I mean you could always tell that his voice was changing for the worse over the last decade or so, but its not until you hear a new studio recording today of a song he originally released in 2006 where you notice how badly his voice has changed.

I don't get it, he never had a great voice, but it was a distinct one that at least could stay in tune and had some range.  Now its just a mess, and i'm not sure what to attribute it to.  It doesn't seem like he's been a heavy smoker.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This is my favorite Tom release in years. I'm very happy with it.

I like it too, The Adventure sounds awesome. These songs sound exactly like what I was expecting from an acoustic studio recording from Angels And Airwaves. I don't think it would have sounded much different if they had recorded it 2008 with the band

• Like 1

I just really love WDNTW (even though I basically never listen to it anymore) so it's really fun to revisit these songs in a new way. His voice is super different but it doesn't really bother me. I love when bands make acoustic versions of their albums. They're never as good as the original album but they're always fun to listen to.

I'd be curious to hear It Hurts. I actually think I could have liked that song if Tom's vocals weren't so horrendous on it. sounds like he's in the middle of a bowel movement on the record. if he just sounds bored on the acoustic that'll still probably sound better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...