WDNTW acoustic *OUT NOW*

Lauren

I really like Valkyrie Missile and Do It For Me Know. My problem with these songs is just that I was expecting some stripped down version on Tom's acoustic style, like the ava acoustic songs he played in 2008.

There's too much computer work but it isn't that bad. I just can't stand the fact that he released the thing one year later and it isn't even the entire album. He might as well release another EP but it's stupid. Oh, Tom...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I really like Valkyrie Missile and Do It For Me Know. My problem with these songs is just that I was expecting some stripped down version on Tom's acoustic style, like the ava acoustic songs he played in 2008.

There's too much computer work but it isn't that bad. I just can't stand the fact that he released the thing one year later and it isn't even the entire album. He might as well release another EP but it's stupid. Oh, Tom...

He couldn't do them straight up acoustic, because when you strip these songs down to their basic elements they're criminally simple, to the point where a straight acoustic version would be ridiculously boring and repetitive. Tom isn't a good enough guitarist to add layered acoustic parts to lift that either, so he's had to add everything else or it would just sound bloody awful. 

I mean, this version of Valkyrie Missile really highlights how monotonous the chorus melody line is already, and that's with everything else going on. Imagine that to just a couple of chords?

• Like 2

Realistically couldn't get the damn thing finished so he just released what he had. Best evidence for that is that these are tracks 1-4, while showing recordings of Good Day and A Littles Enough. 

Or he's being a bit of a cunt and releasing them as EP packages instead of the full thing at once. Buys more time and gets him a bit more $$$. Which honestly wouldn't be the worst - I want the whole thing. Impressed with the quality of the four thus far. 

That lyric video is kinda neat, reminds me of the Start The Machine dvd. My favorite part about all this (other than Tom giving up and only doing 4 songs), is how in AVA's post he still refers to AVA as "WE"...

"It's been about a year since we put out new music",
"It's the first time we've put out an all-acoustic release"

As arrogant as Tom is, I would've never thought he would include imaginary band members in the spotlight! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, boxelder said:

my interest in these is little to none but i gave a few a listen and they sounded mad overproduced and his vocals sound really bad :P lol both the performance and recording quality

You're right. It should have been recorded on a cassette recorder in a mildew-infested basement. That would have guaranteed greatness. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cool video. Nice trip down memory lane. Also like how he kind of fixed the boring repetitive bridge, which was the only weakness of that song.

Voice is terrible though. It's autotuned af and still sounds bad.

• Like 1

Yeah the autotune is so obvious here its a little ridiculous. I can't stand the percussion choices in the adventure especially, I mean I fucking hate the song anyway but that was straight up awful. What a shame. The video was kind of cute though.

I joined the avamovement FB group the other day in hopes of finding a download link for this and the Tom worship there is sickening. I'm already getting into fights from expressing my disappointment in Tom's lack of commitment to any musical project. I'll probably get kicked out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I joined the avamovement FB group the other day in hopes of finding a download link for this and the Tom worship there is sickening. I'm already getting into fights from expressing my disappointment in Tom's lack of commitment to any musical project. I'll probably get kicked out.

Lol. Stoked to finally be able to hear these. Love this album and his acoustic aol performances are like my fav things ever

• Like 1

This is actually pretty interesting.  Idk what I was expecting, but not as much difference from the originals.  Pretty cool that they added their own touches all throughout it.  Thought Distraction was going to be cringe but actually thought it was solid.

Not bad.

This wasn't his whole big announcement though was it?  That's still aliens right.

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm an admin lol I'll just let you back in and give you admin powers if someone kicks you out. Never posted in that group what a toxic group that is. The actual forum wasn't like that. I guess everything is a thousand times worse on the Facebook.

also Aaron said that they only recorded these four songs because Tom was too busy. The A Littles Enough clip was just an idea, it was never recorded.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

I'm an admin lol I'll just let you back in and give you admin powers if someone kicks you out. Never posted in that group what a toxic group that is. The actual forum wasn't like that. I guess everything is a thousand times worse on the Facebook.

also Aaron said that they only recorded these four songs because Tom was too busy. The A Littles Enough clip was just an idea, it was never recorded.

Yeah the forum was a lot better in fairness, the FB group is a mess. I'm on it but stopped notifications because they drove me up the wall.

Can't believe it's just these four, so dumb, I was actually curious to hear The War and It Hurts. 

• Like 3