Does anyone still have the rough mix leak version of WDNTW?

CyanFire

56 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The one that got leaked a little while before it was officially released ... The one where every fucking line Tom sung was preceded by a gasp of air that distracted you from the entire god damn song? Yeah, I've got that one somewhere.

Haha yeah! ”I wanna have the same last dream again -HUUH- The one where I wake up...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, Nosferatu said:

Yeah that's why I'm surprised the AVA albums sound worse and worse after each album. Has pretty much the same guys working on it, but only WDNTW and arguably I-Empire seems to be just as good as the smiley face album from a mixing stand point. That's just my IMO though.

Not having Tom Lord-Alge on the later albums is a major difference, dude is one of the best mix engineers in the world

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adrianm14 said:

Not having Tom Lord-Alge on the later albums is a major difference, dude is one of the best mix engineers in the world

Yeah, I definitely feel like that's true but I also feel the same regarding Neighborhoods as well. i'm sure Tom Lord Alge mixed on a few tracks of that, but that album is just as bad as the later AVA albums for mixing I think haha. I can't help but think a lot of it is just artistic choices alongside Jerry Finn not being there.

But then without Tom Lord Alge, Nine & California sound as polished as Enema, TOYPAJ & smiley face, although some of the mixing on those two I think are quite bad haha. I still believe an album can sound polished but not mixed too well. That's how I feel about California and Nine really. Maybe too polished are the words to describe it.

OMG i remember the long intro version of The Adventure! I don't remember Tom gasping tho. Are we talking about the same version? The one that i remember was almost 7 minutes long. Anyway, can someone pm a link of the leaked version of WDNTW and The Adventure with Tom gasping? I'd really appreciate it lol