The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Hmmm that is an interesting idea.

Sorrow is definitely a very powerful song.

I find it interesting that the thought of blink smoking weed never really occurred to me for a long time.  I'm not sure why I never realized it.  They've always been pretty low key about partying really.

well it's pretty common amongst musicians. and bare in mind that these guys are from fucking California, of course they're gonna be into the piff. It's god damn Cali, they got the best weed in the world. also, talking openly about smoking weed is only just starting to be acceptable on a wide scale.

Hmmm that is an interesting idea.

Sorrow is definitely a very powerful song.

I find it interesting that the thought of blink smoking weed never really occurred to me for a long time.  I'm not sure why I never realized it.  They've always been pretty low key about partying really.

There was an old interview with Alternative Press that came out as they were finishing up recording TOYPAJ where they talked  about their drug use. At the time they smoked heaps, did a lot of ecstasy, and Mark told the story about how he was drugged with acid that ended up inspiring Fighting the Gravity. Not sure if they mentioned anything else, it's been a long while.

I know ages ago I had posted the relevant parts from it because at the time everyone on here was young and kept saying there was no way any of them would ever do drugs because drugs are bad.  I'm way too lazy to go back that far in my post history, but if anyone else wants to do some digging it was probably about a decade ago. Wow I've lurked around here a long ass time.

It's not that it matters, just the thought had never occurred to me for a long time for some reason.  I'm still not sure why. It's so very blatantly obvious to me now.  idk I was a dumb kid sometimes.

I know there's an episode of Meet the Barkers where Travis smoked in his car before going into eat at a restaurant, but I was an ignorant kid and thought he was smoking a cig for some reason.

They talk about it all the time, just slip in line like, I know I heard Tom very recently say that he and his buddy were really high when they saw (whatever it was).

Obviously weed isn't a big deal, its just a sign of the times and an indication of just how many people do it when you realize that nearly any celebrity or musician you can think of has done it at one time or another.

There was an old interview with Alternative Press that came out as they were finishing up recording TOYPAJ where they talked  about their drug use. At the time they smoked heaps, did a lot of ecstasy, and Mark told the story about how he was drugged with acid that ended up inspiring Fighting the Gravity. Not sure if they mentioned anything else, it's been a long while.

i think it was from this magazine. i found a quote.

mh18fall01.jpg

Jenny: Until now. What about drinking, drugs and smoking?

Mark: Sure, I did a lot of that in high school, but not anymore.

Jenny: Really? At all?

Mark: No. It totally ruins my voice. I quit smoking, drinking, and doing ecstasy.

Jenny: Ecstasy messed with your voice?

Mark: No.

Jenny: So why’d you quit?

Mark: ’Cause one time I took one and I didn’t think it was working, so I took another. Then my friend said, ‘Don’t take the ecstasy. It’s just a bunch of heroin.’

Jenny: Did you freak out?

Mark: I didn’t freak out, my night sucked, I sat on the ground for four hours and looked at one light thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. Then I was standing in the bathroom with a tube of toothpaste in one hand and a toothbrush in the other, knowing that there was some sort of connection, but not knowing what it was. So I stopped. It’s not worth getting bad drugs…

Theres a modcam of Tom playing with all of his pedals and at one point Chris walks in the room and says something along the lines of `Cause I dont get paid to sit around getting stoned and playing with pedals on camera like you do!`` and Tom just laughs. Hell, he`s even said in interviews that AVA is better when youre baked lol