The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

how the fuck did everyone survive in 2001 when there was no twitter? i don't feel obligated for them to post progress on anything (although it'd be nice). maybe not getting together to record is out of their control right now - maybe whoever they've selected as a producer is working with someone else and they'll be free next month. maybe label negotiations are stalling the process. 

• Like 1

how the fuck did everyone survive in 2001 when there was no twitter? i don't feel obligated for them to post progress on anything (although it'd be nice). maybe not getting together to record is out of their control right now - maybe whoever they've selected as a producer is working with someone else and they'll be free next month. maybe label negotiations are stalling the process. 

That's a glass half-full.

mark or tom are obviously avoid posting again about writing/demoing songs for the new blink album on their own, because (even though they are doing it) it ruins the expectations. they did it with neighborhoods, 99 percent of press coverage mentioned it as a big deal, so every random blink fan knew that they were writing separately, and everybody was "meh" about it. i guess this time they don't want to emphasize this part of the process. (toypaj was written separately, recorded in a few weeks, but no one knew about it and no one said it's not a cohesive work of a cohesive band.)

• Like 1

Holy fuck.

Blink 182, Alkaline Trio, Brand new, The Gaslight Anthem, Taking Back Sunday, Billy Talent, Gob... 4 hours away from me? Festival? Cheap beer in The Province of Quebec? Is this really happening? Am I in heaven? 

Boner.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous.

Have no expectations and then you can't be let down.

That's my parent's motto.

I don't want them to get in the studio now. I want the to get in the studio a month before an album is due. Why? Because Blink writes best when they don't have a chance to over think it. Give them months to work on an album and you get crap, give them 4 weeks and you get gold.