The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Yeah I think the term "stakeholder" just sounds serious when in reality it is a very open and encompassing term. Some fans really rely on music for emotional support (especially angst filled teens), so the huge lack of news and recording can have an impact on them (as ridiculous as this sounds, it is true). Also, any practice of the band's production of merchandise (e.g. manufacturing t-shirts) could be related to consumer's view of the corporate social responsibility of how the band is being run (if they used sweat shops to make the stuff or whatever). 

• Like 1

Yeah I think we are just arguing over semantics here and its kind of pointless. I think the argument should be.....does Blink owe us anything?

They do not IMO. I think that is pretty straightforward. The only way Blink would owe us something if it was for paid services that were not rendered. Paying $80 for a concert that Blink was a no show at. Yes, then they'd owe those people something. Otherwise no.

We do not have a vested interest either because that is where we have money riding on the outcome of something. The only person here who could really claim that might be Aria. If he spent $500 on this site with the expectation that Blink 182 would do a new album and he'd get a return on that $500 based on that......that would be a vested interest.

If there is no money riding on a particular outcome, it is not a vested interest.

• Like 1

I think the problem is some people are confusing the term Stakeholder with Shareholder.  If we were talking about shareholders, than those arguing against us being "stakeholders" would be correct.  But Stakeholder by definition can mean: "a person with an interest or concern in something, especially a business."  There is no doubt that any fan of any band would fall under the definition of being a stakeholder in that band under this definition.

• Like 1