The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think I have said this before but it seems to me like Tom had lost a lot of interest in blink at the time all the shit went down but I do not think it was permanent but it was enough to where his commitment level was very low. I think he had a bad experience recording DED with Mark and Travis and I think the Dream Walker got him excited about collaborating again and it filled the void blink could sometimes fill. I think these things along with his father passing away fucked up his mindset. 
I do think he would have recorded more with blink and we would have gotten another album in early 2017 but that would have been super unfair to Mark and Travis.
I don't hate Tom for what happened because I truly think in his mind he didn't realize how much he was fucking Mark and Travis over. I was/am super frustrated with him though.
I also respect Mark and Travis decision to continue without him.
I think it really boils down to him wanting to do blink part time and Mark and Travis wanted it full time and they did not communicate this with each other as much as they should have.
That is my two cents on the whole thing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gelo182 said:

Is anybody going to Firefly? I'm excited for my first Blink-Skiba experience. 

Amped as shit for Firefly.  I've only been to one other real music festival where I camped multiple nights: Bonnaroo 2013.  If Firefly is even half as great as that experience it will be a blast.  And considering I like this lineup even more than that lineup which I loved, not to mention that friggin blink will be there, I'm amped as shit.  I gotta say, it doesn't (or at least it didn't used to) seem like the kind of scene and selection of artists you'd typically see blink along side of.  But fuckin A, that selection of musicians and bands that they're playing with are for the most part right up my alley.  Of Monsters and Men have become my favorite band over the past few years, and blink will always been one of my all time favorites, so for them among many other great bands to both be at the same festival is going to be amazing for me.  

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Amped as shit for Firefly.  I've only been to one other real music festival where I camped multiple nights: Bonnaroo 2013.  If Firefly is even half as great as that experience it will be a blast.  And considering I like this lineup even more than that lineup which I loved, not to mention that friggin blink will be there, I'm amped as shit.  I gotta say, it doesn't (or at least it didn't used to) seem like the kind of scene and selection of artists you'd typically see blink along side of.  But fuckin A, that selection of musicians and bands that they're playing with are for the most part right up my alley.  Of Monsters and Men have become my favorite band over the past few years, and blink will always been one of my all time favorites, so for them among many other great bands to both be at the same festival is going to be amazing for me.  

haha dude i went to roo in 2014. had a blast as well, hoping to go again this summer. 

I think my biggest new blink concern is stage banter. 

like, I don't want Matt to start trying to be super immature on stage and forcing it but at the same time one of the best parts of blink is their stage presense. I understood with the shows from before that Matt had to learn a metric fuckton of songs from a different band, and sing half of them and had to concentrate. plus being Toms replacement on stage for the first time not long after he was kicked has gotta be daunting, but I hope thats passed us now and that he relaxes on stage and has some proper back and forth with Mark. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ghent said:

Can't believe you still defend Tom, Dan...very awkward. even the tombottiest of tombots are turning on him. look at his latest post. dude is an absolute joke

Yet again, you miss my point when it comes to this stuff.

I'm not defending Tom, he is a complete nutcase who has lost sight with reality. No arguments with me on that one.

Just laughing at everyone hailing this revolution when all they've played a few good shows, posted a few photos on social media and loosely thrown around album information/release dates in interviews (they did that when Tom was in the band FFS).

Just waiting to see something concrete before I'll judge this is a new era of fully functioning Blink is all I'm saying, some people here creaming themselves over a photo of Matt Skiba with a guitar in his hand, chill out - you're like One Direction fans. 

1 hour ago, Poet Danderson said:

Yet again, you miss my point when it comes to this stuff.

I'm not defending Tom, he is a complete nutcase who has lost sight with reality. No arguments with me on that one.

Just laughing at everyone hailing this revolution when all they've played a few good shows, posted a few photos on social media and loosely thrown around album information/release dates in interviews (they did that when Tom was in the band FFS).

Just waiting to see something concrete before I'll judge this is a new era of fully functioning Blink is all I'm saying, some people here creaming themselves over a photo of Matt Skiba with a guitar in his hand, chill out - you're like One Direction fans. 

I think you're missing a lot of peoples' points too though. Nobody is saying "wow, it's just like the old days!" but when there are obviously different and positive signs that things are finally good within the band, it's natural (to most people) to be excited.

• Like 2