The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 hours ago, ben182tx said:

The record rip I was sent was only 128kbps MP3...also record rips always sound like garbage to me because you can hear the hissing and popping from the recording spinning. I hate vinyl because of this. 

But that's what makes vinyl records awesome, you silly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ben182tx said:

The record rip I was sent was only 128kbps MP3...also record rips always sound like garbage to me because you can hear the hissing and popping from the recording spinning. I hate vinyl because of this. 

not necessarily. maybe on some led zeppelin LP that's been spun 100 times since the 70s.

here's my copy. i've embedded it as a youtube version and a FLAC rip is below. i applied a fade-in and fade-out to the silence before and after the song. spread it to the blink subreddit and make sure this gets in everyones' hands. i included artwork + a 320kbps version. https://www.mediafire.com/?79rrxbr0hge88i4

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chase said:

Those pictures open the possibility that Blink did a live session for Apple Music, since they're wearing the same clothes as the picture. Unless they also rehearsed at some point today and went to Apple before or after rehearsal.

Could be. Matt could've worn that short sleeve shirt in the Apple Music photo the jacket that was on him in the rehearsal. He has the same hat on and he changes wardrobes every picture we see of him.

I gotta give the radio stations props as much as I wish I wasn't giving them props.  These days, new music simply can't sit in a third party's hands for this long without getting leaked by someone.  The only thing I can think is that they've made it very clear that if the new song is released early by anyone and they're able to be tracked down then they could get sued for a considerable amount of money.  But to that I say use Tor!  Someone at a radio station, if you're reading this, go on the deep web and upload it there, such a thing would never be able to be traced.  You know you want to be that anonymous hero that all us blink fans so desperately want.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Noel said:

Still one of my favorite post-reunion videos. This was basically blink's first real show after getting back together. Love when the lyrics start and the whole crowd is yelling them. I wished they would have kept this song in regular rotation after the reunion. They really hated playing anything pre-Enema other than Dammit and Carousel.

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Still one of my favorite post-reunion videos. This was basically blink's first real show after getting back together. Love when the lyrics start and the whole crowd is yelling them. I wished they would have kept this song in regular rotation after the reunion. They really hated playing anything pre-Enema other than Dammit and Carousel.

Hasn't it been that way since Enema was released? Even in the fall of 98 with two full lengths they only played 15 songs and many of them songs written for Enema. I'd say blink is one of the worst bands that I listen to in regards to their back catalogue and how few tracks they play. Green Day throw in rarities on a regular basis, Foo Fighters as well and they are two of the biggest bands around.

Hopefully Matt can bring some Trio influence in how you treat your old songs.

12 hours ago, Chase said:

Those pictures open the possibility that Blink did a live session for Apple Music, since they're wearing the same clothes as the picture. Unless they also rehearsed at some point today and went to Apple before or after rehearsal.

All sweaty? Doubt it.

9 hours ago, kc-chris said:

I can't believe we still haven't heard the song yet. 

is this a joke?

does blink even have new music?

I think is great. In fact I love that feeling again of being anticipating a song, and not being a leak killing all the shit.

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

I gotta give the radio stations props as much as I wish I wasn't giving them props.  These days, new music simply can't sit in a third party's hands for this long without getting leaked by someone.  The only thing I can think is that they've made it very clear that if the new song is released early by anyone and they're able to be tracked down then they could get sued for a considerable amount of money.  But to that I say use Tor!  Someone at a radio station, if you're reading this, go on the deep web and upload it there, such a thing would never be able to be traced.  You know you want to be that anonymous hero that all us blink fans so desperately want.

Yeah, it can be traced, as long a the digital mark is embedded on the audio file itself, which is how it works. Not a silly metadata tag or whatever. Is just encoded in. So, no matter how you upload it, the watermark is there, and there's a watermark per user. I mean, if I get a promo copy of an album, that embedded code in the audio files is unique, and it's related to my name, and e-mail.

Not even through a mic, there are programs that can record what you play on your computer directly through your computer, so play the song while one of those programs is launched and recording, bam you get a second copy without any watermark and still in nice quality (so long as you didn't do anything else on your computer that made noise while running the program and playing the song.  There are always ways around silly little obstacles like that.  But yeah, realistically, I don't think anyone is going to do anything like that.

• Like 1

That could be a possibility, but I'm not sure. The thing with the watermark is that there are different ways to include it. Some ones were those annoying "you're listening to a blah blah record" (which is not a watermark itself). Fortunately, that kind of marks are not used anymore, what they do now is to include it within the sound, but is not audible (some kind of frequency or similar thing wich can be detected on the wave form or whatever), so my guess is that it can be recorded too when you do it as you explain, even if you do it with a crapy mic. Here's some exampe of a company which provides this kind of service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

That could be a possibility, but I'm not sure. The thing with the watermark is that there are different ways to include it. Some ones were those annoying "you're listening to a blah blah record" (which is not a watermark itself). Fortunately, that kind of marks are not used anymore, what they do now is to include it within the sound, but is not audible (some kind of frequency or similar thing wich can be detected on the wave form or whatever), so my guess is that it can be recorded too when you do it as you explain, even if you do it with a crapy mic. Here's some exampe of a company which provides this kind of service.

surely they could just import the rip into garageband and then re-bounce it and that'd get rid of that issue?