The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

31 minutes ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Random question.   Is it worth reading travis' autobiography?  Anyone here have an opinion on it? 

Yes for sure. interesting stories, some very shocking, but he rambles a lot about his wifes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Random question.   Is it worth reading travis' autobiography?  Anyone here have an opinion on it? 

oh, it's great book! like it a lot, tons of interesting stories, and after reading this i change my opinion about some situations inside band and about each member of band in particular 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

That could easily be a screen shot from one of the various promo vids HNDSM RNDSM did before the thing got shitcanned, the time marker is easy to fake.

I cannot see why or how they'd release the blinkumentary now, 7 years later, with a different line up currently and the constant legal shit show with Tom. would make no sense.

i think travis's book was pretty good. the quotes from other people were an interesting touch but really broke up the sections, got confusing. some great stories and some pure honesty though. being strapped at his wedding blew my mind

• Like 1

You know what band did the hardcore-influenced pop-punk better than anyone else? Set Your Goals. That's why I liked them so much.

I honestly think this band had way more of an impact than people think. They started the whole TSSF, Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck, etc. pop-punk with a hardcore edge in my view. To me they just did it better than anyone else though, it still felt like pop-punk. They would give the hardcore stuff a rest for a while and let the melodies take center stage like in the bridge in this song. Which I guess would be at the 2:05 mark in this song, since it's structured kind of unusually and doesn't even really have a chorus.

Man I fucking love that band. While what they inspired isn't very good IMO, their innovation was awesome in itself. Just like Resident Evil 4.

tl;dr decisions annoyingly long post about a band that's not biink-182: Mike Ambrose is just as good as, if not better than Travis Barker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skeeboob said:

This is weird. He's rocking a similar hairstyle to Mark's, and now he's blonde like Mark/Tom used to be.

Blink is taking over him.

(I still miss his combover days.)

don't think so. dude just want to change his look before giant blink tour. here's not as much hairstyles for men, so he take a easy way out, given that he hasn't full head of hair.

and imo - he looks pretty good now, some mix of matt skiba and jared leto

23 minutes ago, helen_hoppus said:

don't think so. dude just want to change his look before giant blink tour. here's not as much hairstyles for men, so he take a easy way out, given that he hasn't full head of hair.

and imo - he looks pretty good now, some mix of matt skiba and jared leto

Yeah I was just joking. I liked his "combover" look and when he got a haircut and rocked the glasses and jacket, he looked like an awfully cute nerd. 

• Like 1