The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 7/14/2017 at 7:37 PM, Dylan_ said:

It's crazy that people can say they work hard. Playing 70-75 minute sets is ridiculous.

Also getting a guy to come in and write most of your album isn't really working hard.

Not to fall down into this discussion, but relative to what Blink are paid, it is VERY easy work. If you remove the money situation, it is tough, but not the toughest job in the world by any means.

You still have to be "on" a lot which can be draining. If not in the studio, if not onstage, you still have press, soundchecks, meet and greets, TV interviews, , requests of all kinds to do XYZ. Months of travel away from home can be mentally tiring as well.

Still way worse jobs with WAYYY less pay.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Kevin. said:

such a douchey quote, honestly. and to say "in fact, we consider them bros" after discrediting their careers like that....lol

Basically he prides himself in not selling out and then has sour grapes when another band comes along and does it. It's like "Yeh man I don't want fame and millions of dollars from my music but I am insanely jealous of bands that have it".

He should just be honest with himself and say that he deep down he did want what Blink got and now he is jealous as shit.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:19 AM, Dook said:

A majority of people going to the shows are the "casual fan" that won't want to wait around for 2 hours just to hear All The Small Things. 

At this point even the "casual fan" who goes to a Blink concert definitely knows Dammit, ATST, WMAA, Rock Show, First Date, Feeling This, I Miss You, probably even Bored To Death. It's not like they're waiting through a bunch of deep cuts until they hear the one hit they like at the end. A band with Blink's history could and should EASILY play 2 hours. I honestly think it would be expected, even by casual fans.

EDIT: I'll cave a little and say they should always easily play at least an hour and a half. 2 might be asking too much haha.

• Like 1

If you compare Blink and the Foo Fighters. Blink played 23 songs in their latest show on setlist,fm and the Foos played 21! U2 played 22. Alkaline trio played 22 at their most recent actual show. 

In 2000, Blink only played 20 songs!

9 hours ago, Dook said:

A majority of people going to the shows are the "casual fan" that won't want to wait around for 2 hours just to hear All The Small Things. 

Yep. I'd bet that half or more of the crowd is just showing up to hear ATST, WMAA, and maybe a select other single or two that they know of like Rock Show, Feeling This, Dammit, or I Miss You.

It's easy to forget that we live in a bubble of super fandom.

It would be like me going to a RHCP show. Yeah I'm a "fan"...even have a t-shirt somewhere...but I'm really just there for the hit singles because I'm just a casual fan. Not a fanboy nerd like I am with blink. I'd be bored during the deep cuts, waiting for them to start Under the Bridge or Can't Stop.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, thongrider said:

If you compare Blink and the Foo Fighters. Blink played 23 songs in their latest show on setlist,fm and the Foos played 21! U2 played 22. Alkaline trio played 22 at their most recent actual show. 

Yeah but U2's show is around two hours. FF is something like that as well I think.

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Right, but Foo Fighters are a minimum of 100 mins. Longer songs, same with U2. The amount of songs for Blink should be higher due to the short nature of most of them. 25-30 songs is perfect. 3 out of the 23 are joke songs so just add 5 more real songs or replace the joke songs and they'll be good. It's not much we're asking just a few more songs (preferably deep cuts) a night and no one would complain

What I'm saying Blink is a +/+. You get just as many songs and you don't have to sit through them for hours!

Why do people want them to some douchy stadium rock band? 

The shitty thing is if they have just as high ticket prices as those other bands. But I just checked the prices for the London shows and they were pretty low!

75 minutes is long enough. I get too tired at a 2 hour set. The thing about the Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat songs is that theyre awesome and fast. Even if fans dont know the songs, theyre still catchy and fun, unlike Kings of the Weekend and Los Angeles which they wont know either! 

6 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

75 minutes is long enough. I get too tired at a 2 hour set. The thing about the Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat songs is that theyre awesome and fast. Even if fans dont know the songs, theyre still catchy and fun, unlike Kings of the Weekend and Los Angeles which they wont know either! 

Then leave after 75 minutes?

I personally think they should be on stage for at least an hour and a half, with 1 hour 45 minutes being a good set time. 

I miss all the cool little interlude parts they used to add/extended outros and random different parts, yes sometimes Tom butchered them but there were others that sounded really cool. Near enough every song is now a carton copy of what you'd hear on the CD.