The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 10/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, boxelder said:

found this cool little ad skimming an old billboard airplay magazine dated dec 1999, thought i'd share... has my hometown radio station (WABB) listed on it!

Untitled-1.jpg

I remember my boombox. All The Small Things was literally played 5 times a day on the popular radio stations.

7 minutes ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

So, I haven’t been following the band much lately. I was suppose to see them for blinkin Park in nyc but we all know what happened sadly. After that I feel like this band went silent. Weren’t they suppose to be recording yet another album soon or something?  

Nah Travis is doing other stuff, Alk3 have some shows coming up, and Mark has been fairly silent. 

6 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Easy Target may be the new most underrated Blink song of all-time now that Kaleidescope and Violence have met the light.  You never hear about it on here..

Fucking amazing.

Go gets all the love here I feel, but I kinda prefer Easy Target. Just brilliant. Love the "Holly lemme out!" Fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Go gets all the love here I feel, but I kinda prefer Easy Target. Just brilliant. Love the "Holly lemme out!" Fucking awesome.

In Nov 2003, I saw Blink on the dollar bill tour IN New York City. Untitled wasn't yet out but Easy Target and a few others songs had leaked a few days earlier.

I went to the show, and they played the song, and I sang along, knew all the words, and I remember people around me were kind of stunned because they never had even heard the song (this was days when the internet wasn't as much of a thing). I had at least 5 people looking at me instead of at Blink.

I remember walking into times squre and there was a huge billboard of Blink hanging from TRL advertising the new album.

Those were the days. When Blink was cool

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

I went to the show, and they played the song, and I sang along, knew all the words, and I remember people around me were kind of stunned because they never had even heard the song (this was days when the internet wasn't as much of a thing). I had at least 5 people looking at me instead of at Blink.

They were stunned? 

Sounds like you're overselling the story to me...

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They were stunned? 

Sounds like you're overselling the story to me...

Yes, they were.

Here is the thing with hardcore Blink fans I meet at shows, they are all assholes. Hate to say it. But everyone thinks they are the best fan in the world and it becomes a pissing match to see is the most hardcore. I can cite many examples. I remember waiting in line at the 2012 show and I saw a bus pull up and I said "Oh Blink must be arriving" and I get some two bit asshole "oh no! That's not them! They don't arrive at the venue until later". Like really know it all attitude. I felt like telling him I was at Blink show was his ass was in diapers, but whatever.

At the dollar bill show it was the harcores, because tickets were hard to get, really hard to get $1, Blink, small club. You get the idea.

So these guys weren't so much in awe as they likely saw it as a challenge like "No I am the best Blink fan, how does he know the words and I don't?"

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

The internet wasn't big in 2003?

Cheery picking my nostalgia story and trying to shoot holes in it. A dick move.

The internet was "big" but it was not as easy to get songs and word didn't travel like it does today. There were no smart phones, facebook, twitter, etc. It was certainly not like it is now. Yeah, the songs leaked, people got them, but it iwasn't like it is today.

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Cheery picking my nostalgia story and trying to shoot holes in it. A dick move.

The internet was "big" but it was not as easy to get songs and word didn't travel like it does today. There were no smart phones, facebook, twitter, etc. It was certainly not like it is now. Yeah, the songs leaked, people got them, but it iwasn't like it is today.

You're being paranoid. No, the internet was not as big as it is today, but it still had a massive audience and influence in 2003. People were listening to Metallica demos for songs that hadn't been released back in 2000, so it is a very believable story on that end. I know because "I was there man".

What is a dick move, is you calling hardcore blink fans assholes, then you getting all defensive about being a huge blink fan, like a giant asshole. I guess you're right.

To be fair I've been to loads of shows in recent years where said band has played an oldie, I'm singing along because I know all the words, and people look at me weird because they don't seem to know it. I'm not surprised that happened to Oli, some people just aren't as obsessive as we are haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

You're being paranoid. No, the internet was not as big as it is today, but it still had a massive audience and influence in 2003. People were listening to Metallica demos for songs that hadn't been released back in 2000, so it is a very believable story on that end. I know because "I was there man".

What is a dick move, is you calling hardcore blink fans assholes, then you getting all defensive about being a huge blink fan, like a giant asshole. I guess you're right.

Its just jealously. Just like it was back then. Just like I've experienced at many shows with hardcore fans.

Same reason Davey gets shit here, no one can claim it like that guy can. It's not even close.