The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Capsov said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-greatest-pop-punk-albums-w508222

Blink pulls #8 and #2 with Dude Ranch and Enema. Bit of a shit list by not including Self Titled or WYHSB. And Riot! in the top ten????

That list was pretty weak ... Missed a lot of genre defining album's in leiu of some pretty terrible ones.

11 hours ago, kcx182 said:

Finally...

Crazy watching that and still discovering little things that make me laugh and enjoy. Like Tom trying to get people to sing Feeling This and then saying "You guys are really bad at this shit".

Just goes to show, even 13 years later, the ORIGINAL Blink still remain relevant and could still be a great band if Tom had not gone insane.

• Like 3

i thought it was a fine list all things considered, though i have the same qualms many of you do. TWO good charlotte albums, ATL being top 20, paramore being top 10?? i don't protest either of the last two being on the list, but being placed so highly while something like motion city's commit this to memory is overlooked shocked me. that said, lots of good deep-cut choices on there, and i can't complain about two blink albums in the top ten. also, while i didn't hate 5SOS as much as everyone else, i'll agree their inclusion is pretty laughable 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kcx182 said:

Finally...

this is a cool vid, but it's so choppy. why is there banter missing, why does feeling this play in the intro of stockholm syndrome, why does mark says "good night philadelphia" if they're playing in new jersey... it's just kinda weird. but it's pretty cool to see, they had a fuckton of energy back then.

21 hours ago, Capsov said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-greatest-pop-punk-albums-w508222

Blink pulls #8 and #2 with Dude Ranch and Enema. Bit of a shit list by not including Self Titled or WYHSB. And Riot! in the top ten????

this list reads like someone looked up "pop punk" on wikipedia and then listed the albums that sold the best.

the net has been cast so widely here as to be of little use. unknown road on the same ledger as good charlotte? worlds apart in terms of genre. the representative choices are also super odd. jimmy eat world's masterpiece, acknowledged by everyone, is clarity. stranger than fiction is not even close to BR's best record.

just super weird.

• Like 1