The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Physically sure, but I think he'll always give it his all when he's behind the kit.

Oh agreed. Dude is a beast. But it's pointless to argue how Tom and Mark's voices are changing. Happens to literally every singer. Some age gracefully, but fact is Tom and Mark weren't traditionally the greatest singers in the world to begin with so the point is very redundant in my book. I'm just saying, Travis will be the best 70-year old drummer ever... but he'll be 70. That's all I meant.

6 hours ago, Freestyleskater182 said:

Hey guys been a while...
Here is what I think would work as far as a Tom Delonge reunion is concerned. It would be weird but I still think it would work.
Essentially let Tom record and tour with them only when he wants to as long as it does not get in their way.
Tom could write like 5 out of the 12-14 songs on the albums and sing his own songs while he is present on stage.
While he is gone Matt could fill in for everything Tom would usually do.

That is what I think would work for all of them however what would be ideal for me is Tom coming back and Matt going back to Alkaline for a while.
Although I wouldn't mind Matt continuing to write with blink in the future once Tom is off to do his next escapade haha.

And how is that "blink-182"?

10 hours ago, Ghent said:

The fan base at large is obviously still supportive of what's going on. It's just a group of the same miserable people on here that can't move on. The band isn't even active right now and the same crew is still on here crying for them to quit. I only bother to check in on it every couple of months now, the echo chamber got old fast

Are you sure? I had a quick look through some recent Facebook posts and the most "liked" comments are more often than not from disgruntled fans.

Don't get me wrong they still have fans who support the new line up but to say it's the fan base at large is an exaggeration. You tend to find the most die hard/long standing fans fans are the ones who like the new line up less (do you like my Davey impression?) because they truly remember the band at it's peak. It's a lot easier for casuals to go with the flow and ride the wave and enjoy the churning out of music despite the drop in quality (in my opinion). 

Another California would be shit. Although I do like California let’s have something different. Tom would be striving to better blink where as Mark is such a fucking pussy, still appearing on young pop punk bands songs etc very odd. Travis doesn’t give a fuck what blink put out and I ignore Matt Skiba. He’s not blink and blink is not blink with him in it. 

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Another California would be shit. Although I do like California let’s have something different. Tom would be striving to better blink where as Mark is such a fucking pussy, still appearing on young pop punk bands songs etc very odd. Travis doesn’t give a fuck what blink put out and I ignore Matt Skiba. He’s not blink and blink is not blink with him in it. 

California has some good songs, some alright songs and some bad songs, a fairly even split of each - as opposed to previous efforts where the good far outweighed the bad.

I just want a grittier recording style with more mature songs but it's simply not going to happen if they stick with Feldmann, this incarnation of blink could make something great if they take their time and don't just churn out songs from the pop punk production line factory.

Mark used to be my favourite member but he's a right damp sock now. 

Tbh when i saw them live twice in england, the california songs were the best recieved with almost everyone singing along...

Blink 182 fans are split like this;

Tombots - if toms not in it there shit 

Casual fans - nostalgia and oh that bored to death sounds good 

Hardcore fans - anything blink do is gold ...

You have some stragglers but thats a small percentage who are mainly on this forum...

Me personally i thought California was ok not great, the deluxe tho i love.

I spoke to a few casual fans the other day about neighbourhoods and they said it just didnt sound like blink and half the songs wernt fun and boring.

I kinda agree with them to a wider audience neighbourhoods isnt commercially great at all! Theres some gems on that album but it wasnt a great follow up to untitled at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

Tbh when i saw them live twice in england, the california songs were the best recieved with almost everyone singing along...

Blink 182 fans are split like this;

Tombots - if toms not in it there shit 

Casual fans - nostalgia and oh that bored to death sounds good 

Hardcore fans - anything blink do is gold ...

You have some stragglers but thats a small percentage who are mainly on this forum...

Me personally i thought California was ok not great, the deluxe tho i love.

I spoke to a few casual fans the other day about neighbourhoods and they said it just didnt sound like blink and half the songs wernt fun and boring.

I kinda agree with them to a wider audience neighbourhoods isnt commercially great at all! Theres some gems on that album but it wasnt a great follow up to untitled at all.

Then there's the 4th category: hardcore fans who were weary of the lineup change but gave it a shot anyway and were sadly let down due to shitty producing. Tombot implies I bought shares in TTS. I did not.

I mean, even the most subjective fan should have room for critique.

• Like 5