The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

19 hours ago, NotNow said:

Marks on the new matt and Kim song. Sounds like he’s only on for a second but you only get to hear the first minute of the song the rest is cut off by the interview. It comes out Friday. Song sounds like a banger.

https://chorus.fm/news/matt-and-kim-forever/

Man that is way too boring for a Matt and Kim song

17 hours ago, Smalls said:

Better question; who gives a fuck enough about travis’ drum tech to make a sign spelling his name correctly, all the while misspelling the lead guitarists’?

Someone who wants a set list or drum sticks. He's always the guy handing out shit after the show, especially to people who recognize him.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Someone who wants a set list or drum sticks. He's always the guy handing out shit after the show, especially to people who recognize him.

Yup, I have gotten a drumstick this way. Also got a set list by knowing James Ingram's name, and a pick of Mark's by knowing Robert's name! It's all about who you know...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

How do people learn the names of the stagehands and techs? Seems like it would take some famous burro level stalking! 

This crazy thing called "social media". Over the years all of those dudes have been tagged in Blink/Mark/Trav photos/tweets at some point. Not that hard to stumble across when you follow the band closely. Robert and Daniel are great follows on Instagram, always posting cool behind the scenes stuff.

6 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

How do people learn the names of the stagehands and techs? Seems like it would take some famous burro level stalking! 

Not really, the ocho crew is pretty well known if you're into the band. Rob Noise always takes the coolest pictures, Ocdrumdevil has been the drum tech since the old days and then there was Doug, Tom used to call Doug on stage all the time. 

Some famous burro level stalking is knowing everything about Travis' children.

Ive never seen them referenced around here. I only know Doug because Tom would make fun of him all the time

The way Ive seen drumsticks, picks, and setlists handed out is randomly or to people who purchase VIP pit tix and the band/workers recognize them up front. 

Travises offspring are more well known than the drumtechs btw. John Feldmann is working on an album with them

Edited by Feeling_This_1

15 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Ive never seen them referenced around here. I only know Doug because Tom would make fun of him all the time

The way Ive seen drumsticks, picks, and setlists handed out is randomly or to people who purchase VIP pit tix and the band/workers recognize them up front. 

Travises kids are more well known than the drumtechs btw. John Feldmann is working on an album with them

Im not actually angry, but you left a bunch of angry faces on people's posts for no good reason and I thought I'd join in.

PS your obsession with blinks kids is still weird. 

I loved Disneyland as a kid. I was born right by it and I've had family who live near it all my life. I went a bunch of times as a kid. I've gone a couple times in the last decade or so and I definitely don't enjoy it that much anymore. Not sure if it's because I'm older, or if it's because I've been there so many times already.

I wanna go back when Star Wars Land opens up, but even then, I think I've kind of out grown theme parks. I get so tired and bored a few hours in. If I could go for like, two hours at a time, that would be nice. But tickets are expensive as hell so you want to stay the entire day to get your money's worth.

People like Mark probably DO go for only a few hours at a time, since they can go whenever they want. It would definitely be a lot more enjoyable that way.