The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 1/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, Zoltan said:

you can hardly find valid negative critique here, because every negative people repeats the same thing. "i don't even remember the songs". why? "i listened to it once, and it sucked." then why do you wonder you don't remember? you don't even want to remember. i can confirm that all these songs are rememberable. marking something as "not rememberable" is not an opinion, that's just ignorance. you know what's forgettable? things you don't want to remember.

Whenever blink-182 releases anything I listen to it A LOT. I've listened to California Deluxe A LOT. A have a site that keeps track of everything I listen to, and California Deluxe was one of my most-played albums of 2017. I haven't listened to it recently though, and now I can't remember how most of it sounds because it is not memorable. We're all big blink fans here, most of us who can't remember what it sounds like probably listened to it a bunch when it first came out. The fact that so many of us huge fans of blink-182 can't remember what the album sounds like is not a good sign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Whenever blink-182 releases anything I listen to it A LOT. I've listened to California Deluxe A LOT. A have a site that keeps track of everything I listen to, and California Deluxe was one of my most-played albums of 2017. I haven't listened to it recently though, and now I can't remember how most of it sounds because it is not memorable. We're all big blink fans here, most of us who can't remember what it sounds like probably listened to it a bunch when it first came out. The fact that so many of us huge fans of blink-182 can't remember what the album sounds like is not a good sign.

That's weird. I listened to it quite a lot when it came out, but I haven't really listened to it (or any music for that matter) in months, but I can still remember every song clear as day.

I think Jack Antonoff is my new Tom DeLonge with regard to a person’s music I love in the industry the most. I’d say he’s getting close to being viewed nearly the same way in the indie pop scene as Tom was in his hey day. I guess the twenty one pilots guys that probably have the closest dynamic to what Mark and Tom had in the industry currently, but they went in the completely wrong direction musically after vessel minus a couple songs, at least for me personally.