The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, knapton said:

Weird. Maybe the whole deal is Tom actually can come back whenever he wants, and thats where all this talk of Matt not knowing his place stems from, and just like everything from the reuinon on, Tom really doesnt wanna be in Blink. Its pretty clear from that video that hes still getting paid via Blink so he probably doesnt really care. And you cant argue that he wouldnt want their legacy ruined by having someone else write his music, or else he wouldnt have let Neighbourhoods happen. He clearly isnt worried about how people view the band. 

Yeah people keep talking about how bitter Tom is about the blink situation but I honestly think he doesn't care.

12 hours ago, boxelder said:

speaking of little things in blink songs no one can hear, there's backing vocals in always that are pretty much inaudible

my favorite moment in always is the variation at the end of the second pre-chorus where they change the rhythm of "here i am" and mark adds an extra higher note for "ready-y". and the way they recorded the second verse is so great, especially at "your laugh". they wanted to make it echo-ish, but instead of a simple filter, they double tracked it with an earlier demo to have a slight difference, and an awesome harmony just born. (but i always hated mark's "u-u" vocals in the chorus. it should have been done with lower volume and/or synth.)

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

my favorite moment in always is the variation at the end of the second pre-chorus where they change the rhythm of "here i am" and mark adds an extra higher note for "ready-y". and the way they recorded the second verse is so great, especially at "your laugh". they wanted to make it echo-ish, but instead of a simple filter, they double tracked it with an earlier demo to have a slight difference, and an awesome harmony just born. (but i always hated mark's "u-u" vocals in the chorus. it should have been done with lower volume and/or synth.)

Love the part where Mark sings "are you ready-eee." And Tom's voice in the final "I've been here before a few times and I'm quite aware we're dying" is one of my favorite moments in all of blink's catalogue. Great fucking song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember this masterpiece? 

0.5 seconds into listening to this I burst out laughing.

I also laughed when I first heard this. Surely Mark was taking the piss, but at the same time he had been having more electronic kinda stuff in his own songs from +44 and onwards.