The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

48 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I hope it's not a new album they need to take a break honestly. 

Me too - mostly because I want a new goddamn alk3 album. 5 year wait is ridiculous.

The smiley looks so dumb with six arrows. squashed and awkward. it might just be promo for some surprise mini tour or something, I doubt it's new music.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

Me too - mostly because I want a new goddamn alk3 album. 5 year wait is ridiculous.

The smiley looks so dumb with six arrows. squashed and awkward. it might just be promo for some surprise mini tour or something, I doubt it's new music.

Don't they need to add a 7th arrow at this point anyways?  To signify a new era?

27 minutes ago, Kay said:

I swear somewhere around 2014-2015 (can't remember if Tom was still in the band or if Skiba had just been brought in) but there was some logo of the exact same smiley face. Rumoured to be the new blink logo, but it had no arrows, I can't find it on google images, but I remember thinking it looked great. Had a background to it as well, can't exactly remember, cause it was ages ago.

Edit: Don't worry just found it

Some people like Feldmann, some people don't, but regardless I don't see any way they work with a different producer next time. I remember a lot of people wondering if he was basically a label plant but the ship has sailed with that theory, they just straight up love the guy and the Blink 182 music they make together.

43 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I swear somewhere around 2014-2015 (can't remember if Tom was still in the band or if Skiba had just been brought in) but there was some logo of the exact same smiley face. Rumoured to be the new blink logo, but it had no arrows, I can't find it on google images, but I remember thinking it looked great. Had a background to it as well, can't exactly remember, cause it was ages ago.

IIRC this was a rumor based on the original California album art where the girl had a smiley tattoo with no arrows. There was a ton of outcry and for some reason within a few days the tattoo was completely removed from the album art, and to my knowledge they never mentioned why. (Being too similar to Nirvana's would be my guess.) I think that photo was just a zoomed in photo of a gear box that someone posted around that time and  it further ignited the rumor. 

• Like 1

Feldmann reminds me of this guy who presented in front of our college class and asked to join his 'world travel' pyramid scheme, and now Travis, Mark, Matt are starting to morph into their top minions who keep pestering you through DMs after and show off their 'lavish' rebelious lifestyle in photos.   The only thing missing in those spray paint photos is "you should be here" or "live a life, by living"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

Why is it so hard for them to just be themselves? Write from the heart and not from the saw'd off prick. Label doesn't like it? fuck the label.

If I had tons of money and I was set, I couldn't image a situation where I was some  puppet for the suits writing teenaged love songs in my 40's. Whats the point?

Maybe they spent it and aren't set?  I mean, that's VERY hard to do, but you hear about it all the time on athletes who had millions and such go broke.  It is possible you know, these guys get rich and famous and open up tons of massive mortgages, boats, cars, etc where it's easy during the Enema-Self title days, but then they stop releasing new music and performing due to Tom being a dumbass and then here you are...a much much less marketable blink without the original guitarist and co-lead Tom..

Mark seems smart though, I doubt it.  They are probably just lazy cunts and lost their heart in music getting older.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

What if they are writing from the heart and their heart is just filled with crappy, teenage love songs and unfunny jerk off jokes?

Nobody's heart says "Hey you know what...hold off on that guitar idea, let's replace it with this computerized guitar loop I found on GarageBand"