The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I'd consider California to be on the same level as AVA really. WDNTW has some great songs but them some songs I don't listen to. Same with I-Empire. I'd view TWD as a more solid album but outside of Tunnels & Mercenaries, and possibly Teenagers + Rituals, California has the better songs IMO. California's problem is that it has complete utter trash that I can't stand. AVA don't have any songs that I can't stand. It has songs that I find boring or barely listen to, but I don't find any of them complete trash.

Love on the other hand, there's not really one song on them albums that do it for me, so I'd choose California over that.

I empire i think was when tom started to finish his peak of his musical abilities and i love that album its just a shame he didnt have a finn or mark to help him function all his ideas up untill this point.

I see some of toms best ava songs as what if songs..

You can tell that toms vision and marks were going completely different directions just by plus 44 and we dont need to whisper..but i empire sounds more like blink than any other ava album and you can tell by what we got with neighbourhoods alot of recycled ava material that he simplifies for that album to sound more like blink.

Tom needs people to focus his ideas into great ones and mark needs people to push him into working hard and have more creativity...

So theres no way your going to have a great blink record ever again tbh...we might have some fun catchy songs with feldman pulling the strings but nothing of any substance or staying power ...and toms just not tom anymore ..

• Like 1

Has there ever been a thread where everyone ranks all blink albums and their side projects together?  I'm not sure if I've seen that before.  Since Travis is involved in so many projects, I would limit it to Blink, AVA, BCR, +44, Tom demos, Transplants and maybe his solo album.  Crazy to think that the list would be near 20 albums and even longer if EPs where included. 

2 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Has there ever been a thread where everyone ranks all blink albums and their side projects together?  I'm not sure if I've seen that before.  Since Travis is involved in so many projects, I would limit it to Blink, AVA, BCR, +44, Tom demos, Transplants and maybe his solo album.  Crazy to think that the list would be near 20 albums and even longer if EPs where included. 

This would be difficult for me but now I kind of want to give it a shot... Just... not right now.

11 minutes ago, knapton said:

I empire is easily the best AVA album. I love The Dream Walker but I dont really consider that AVA in the same way as the other albums. 

It'd be easier to consider The Dream Walker more of an AvA album if we had anything comparable since. The EPs have been an okay indication, but they're not up to par in terms of production at all. It took me a long time to really get into it like I had older albums because it was so different, but I love it now for what it is.

I guess this is my first post here, woooh.

i haven't listened to dream walker in years, but i remember being surprised and impressed with it. i know a lot of credit tends to go to ilan, so perhaps that's why. but i thought it was good and would still rank second in their discography, WDNTW being first (and even that's half an album of what i'd consider mostly worthless songs). i-empire never impressed me, and both LOVE albums bored the fuck out of me

Really enjoy Dream Walker. WDNTW was the biggest musical disappointment of any blink project until both Cali and DLX came along, but there were a few decent songs. To think back in 2007 I was on the Mark/Travis train with +44 haha. Oh how times change. Didn't like I-Empire, but I think Heaven is one of AVA's best songs. I really dig that song. Gotta listen to both Love albums someday just for a peace of mind, kinda like Give the Drummer Some.