The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Also, better than Tom's bullshit ES crap.

Does he still use those fucking shit sounding dirty finger pickups, anyone know?

My problem with Matt's setup is it sounds weak, I like the clean tone but the distortion has no fucking bite to it.

@Speedo The "DUC" is for Ducati, the motorcycles Skiba likes. Not sure what the "Haro" is, but I keep singing an Asian version of Misery in my head because of it. "There's a haroooo in the distance" LOL.

I like Jags and think the color scheme is unique and fits Skiba's personality. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Speedo The "DUC" is for Ducati, the motorcycles Skiba likes. Not sure what the "Haro" is, but I keep singing an Asian version of Misery in my head because of it. "There's a haroooo in the distance" LOL.

Fair enough ... still don't like it!

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Does he still use those fucking shit sounding dirty finger pickups, anyone know?

My problem with Matt's setup is it sounds weak, I like the clean tone but the distortion has no fucking bite to it.

yeah tbf I'm not saying I dislike it more Toms questionable guitar choices over the years haha

26 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

haro bikes, the brand that inspired this guitar.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dean said:

Correct, and the ad revenue doesn't even cover all the costs.

why don't you change the forum engine to a free one? $130 (or more) per month for an invasion subscription is a lot, and i don't think many extra features come with this price.

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

why don't you change the forum engine to a free one? $130 (or more) per month for an invasion subscription is a lot, and i don't think many extra features come with this price.

a better alternative to keep it the same might be a donation feature. I imagine most hardcore members wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks if it was necessary.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Which is something I don't get about his choices in blink. On AK3 he sounds much better. He had a period in which he got a really nice 'fat' and strong tone. I guess it was because he was using, mainly, a Marshall head with an Orange cabinet. Don't rememebr which models, but it was sick. I loved that combo. Like I loved the rig Tom used to use back in 99/2000. Different sound, but brutally strong and personal. Even recently Matt has decent setups, like here.

Skiba lost like 30 pounds from that picture, good for him maybe he's got his motor back.  There is a chance Matt and Blink could redeem themselves, they still have it in em to take us away...and if that happens Tom will get super jealous, come back and we either have a tragic ending or a ride into the sunset.

It'll probably be tragic but I'm excited for it, anything but California 3.0

4 hours ago, Speedo said:

Hey, that ES sounds amazing while using it with Orange.

• Like 1