The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Im sorry but if i was in a band and had the same setlist for over 300 shows in a row i would be bored to death of it ;)

Like seriously! Matts been in the band quite a long time now surely he must think lets do some of my songs that i made with you mark or change it up a bit??

Alkaline trio whenever i saw them live you could get a variety of songs same with new found glory they always mix it up making it fresh..

Its just really stale and boring at this point!

Someone said lets get a musink thread going, there is like no need when its the same old shit

• Like 1

Well, there does have to be a balance. Not everyone is a hardcore fan like us. In fact, many that go to the shows, are not, and want to hear the hits. Lots of bands still plays the hits to cater to casual fans.

That being said, they play too many hits. You will never grow as a band if you keep playing hits. There are at least 2-3 hits they could easily cut and either substitute in new material or just stuff they haven't done in awhile.

I won't go see them in concert with these sets. They bore the heck out of me.

• Like 1

Take First Date for example: Its been play constantly now for the last 17 years (I feel old). If your a Blink fan, and you haven't seen them play it in the last 17 years, well sucks to be you.

Its time to rotate that thing the fuck out.

Same goes for a few of the others. They aren't these monster hits that need to be played anymore.

Take First Date for example: Its been play constantly now for the last 17 years (I feel old). If your a Blink fan, and you haven't seen them play it in the last 17 years, well sucks to be you.
Its time to rotate that thing the fuck out.
Same goes for a few of the others. They aren't these monster hits that need to be played anymore.

That one bugged the fuck out of me with Tom you could tell he hated playing that song and honestly the way he butchered it made me grow to just utterly hate that song.

But when your at their shows that and Small things still get a huge pop and it’s depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

That one bugged the fuck out of me with Tom you could tell he hated playing that song and honestly the way he butchered it made me grow to just utterly hate that song.

But when your at their shows that and Small things still get a huge pop and it’s depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.......Sometimes you have to embrace change.

When Scott Raynor left, did Blink stay stuck in the past? Did they say "No Travis play it like Scott did" "No, this album has to be like Dude Ranch" "No we aren't doing new songs, people want to hear Cheshire Cat".

Nope, they changed and they embraced it, and they didn't stay stuck in the fucking past.

Blink are now content on living in the past. I don't think it will change.

::Trying hard to be get into a Feldman discussion!!!:::: LOL

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah.......Sometimes you have to embrace change.

When Scott Raynor left, did Blink stay stuck in the past? Did they say "No Travis play it like Scott did" "No, this album has to be like Dude Ranch" "No we aren't doing new songs, people want to hear Cheshire Cat".

Nope, they changed and they embraced it, and they didn't stay stuck in the fucking past.

Blink are now content on living in the past. I don't think it will change.

::Trying hard to be get into a Feldman discussion!!!:::: LOL

It was all Tom. Tom was the one who wanted to move forward. Mark is insecure and play everything safe. It's just how it is. 
Why do you think Feldmann is in the studio with them? Why is he writing the songs? Because Marks knows that is what sells (for better and for worse). Without Tom there there's no one who want to move forward. 

Now, I like some of the songs from the Feldmann era. I like Feldy, he's awesome. The Knife, quality album. But do I want the Blink - Feldmann era to be over. HELL YES, it's either that, or get rid of Matt and let him do what he's good at (Alk3) and just get Feldy to fill in live instead. That would at least bring life to their boring boring live shows.

• Like 3

Looking through comments on social media I’m seeing nothing but great reviews. MusInk said it was sold out, crowd looked big. 

If they did indeed open with Cynical that is a BIG change for Mark, and adding HAG/Josie/Don’t Leave Me at a festival is super rad. There are some videos up on Reddit, haven’t had a chance to watch yet.

The lack of DLX just confirms to me that Mark thinks of them as B-side rubbish that wasn’t meant to be released, and thus our complaints about them really shouldn’t mean much.

• Like 1

Yeah that might be it.... I don’t know watching these vids the energy is disappointing. 

when I jamm to hag I go crazy. Love rocking to that one don’t get how anyone can stand there. I’m like a sweating out of breath mess. I inhale it the music. I cant imagine standing up there like a total  bore. Give me a guitar and put me up there and I promise I could do a better job than skiba. 

Why do you even bother if you are in front of thousands of people and you have no energy? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

What made tom awesome was his energy on stage before hiatus. His running and spinning. 

Even after the hiatus he gave more energy just by standing there looking awesome. When Tom is one stage he has attitude, even when he doesn't jump around. Blink-Skiba is just sleepy.

16 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah that might be it.... I don’t know watching these vids the energy is disappointing. 

when I jamm to hag I go crazy. Love rocking to that one don’t get how anyone can stand there. I’m like a sweating out of breath mess. I inhale it the music. I cant imagine standing up there like a total  bore. Give me a guitar and put me up there and I promise I could do a better job than skiba. 

Why do you even bother if you are in front of thousands of people and you have no energy? 

Haha I feel you! I've been thinking the same

What percentage of the audience even knows the Deluxe disc exists? 5-10% maybe? 

Im all for switching some of the lame singles out of the set, but until most of the audience isn’t there specifically to see hear those songs, it probably won’t happen with any regularity.

The only reason blink still can pull huge crowds is because of the singles from 20 years ago.

They’ve played way lamer sets than the one last night.

• Like 1